No scans

AKCoverMan

We're not allowed to sheet packages as missed in my center. That really forces falsifying records and is total BS.

What I don't get is that clearly my center's management imposes this because of higher managements review of reports. Yet other centers clearly use "missed". Is it just some just don't want to deal with the heat of higher management? I've seen sups not in 1 10 missed stops that a driver couldn't deliver. Just wanted driver in so he could leave.

Your right this is total BS.

Just make sure that they are not sheeted that way in your DIAD. When it comes back to bite someone it the but make sure it's the sup signed in to their own DIAD or scanner.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It would make their job much easier if you gave them the tracking number.
Not really. If you give us the address we go, double click it, and get all the packages destined for that consignee. If we don't see a disposition for it, we know its the one you were talking about. It doesn't make our jobs easier or harder. The only thing it allows is an extra layer of certainty it is the same package.
Yet other centers clearly use "missed". Is it just some just don't want to deal with the heat of higher management?
Having missed is a mortal sin according to our DM. The center manager gets chewed out on the morning call every time there are missed.
We have to sheet as refused, customer didn't want. Even though you never made contact with the customer. Then the customer sees this online and says they didn't refuse it. And here we go....
The whole thing is silly. We can remove missed from your timecards which we do every time there is a damaged in my center. It doesn't show up in any reports because as far as the system knows, you had 0 missed.

AKCoverMan

Having missed is a mortal sin according to our DM. The center manager gets chewed out on the morning call every time there are missed.

No, dishonesty is (or should be) mortal sin. I went to help a rookie last night who was working a business heavy route nearly blind. Because of all the CLH volume he couldn't clear out his truck. When I got to him he still had some businesses. I msged the center and said we would make attempts but most likely missed. I really didn't ask permission, I just told them. I mean what else could we sheet them as?

I think between us we had 8 missed.

AKCoverMan

The whole thing is silly. We can remove missed from your timecards which we do every time there is a damaged in my center. It doesn't show up in any reports because as far as the system knows, you had 0 missed.

So how do these no longer missed damages get resheeted if you void out the "missed"?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The job would be a lot easier with one set of rules, but there are 2 sets.

Just like we can't sheet something damaged when it's damaged. Even though corporate training still says to do so. We have to sheet as refused, customer didn't want. Even though you never made contact with the customer. Then the customer sees this online and says they didn't refuse it. And here we go....

Corporate training says to sheet damages as missed.

JL 0513

Corporate training says to sheet damages as missed.

The last DIAD training I did this past year on damages said to sheet damaged. The selection is still there on the DIAD. I don't ever remember "missed" being associated with damaged. Damaged isn't missed. And as I mentioned, we can't used missed anyway.

We can lose our jobs for falsifying, yet are instructed in several situations to regularly falsify.

Yes, I know why the company does this runaround. To avoid paying for damages. It just causes other problems though. No matter how else you sheet it, it's falsifying records.

Is there another $25 million settlement in UPS's future? Just as drivers back in the day were all but told to beat late air with scan-drive-deliver, UPS continues to try and avoid realities.

O

OLDMAN3

The last DIAD training I did this past year on damages said to sheet damaged. The selection is still there on the DIAD. I don't ever remember "missed" being associated with damaged. Damaged isn't missed. And as I mentioned, we can't used missed anyway.

We can lose our jobs for falsifying, yet are instructed in several situations to regularly falsify.

Yes, I know why the company does this runaround. To avoid paying for damages. It just causes other problems though. No matter how else you sheet it, it's falsifying records.

Is there another $25 million settlement in UPS's future? Just as drivers back in the day were all but told to beat late air with scan-drive-deliver, UPS continues to try and avoid realities.
Clearly you have a dishonest management team. Corporate training that every driver has completed in the DIAD (May 2015) says that damages are to be sheeted as missed. And other missed packages need to be sheeted as missed. Start sheeting your missed as missed. If they try to talk to you about it ask for a steward and don't discuss it till he is present. I guarantee you you will not be disciplined for sheeting damages or missed as missed. It only takes one time telling them you won't falsify records...for this BS to stop.

The training instructed us to sheet damaged packages as missed. If you don't know it is damaged, and the customer reports damage at the time of delivery and does not want to keep it, you are to sheet as damaged. If the customer reports damage but wants to keep it, sheet "POSS DMG" in the remarks.

Next time you do training in your DIAD take screen shots with your phone. I have my screen shots for the damaged-sheet as missed training (May 2015) and all other training stored in my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

JL 0513

Even if I do sheet a damaged as missed, then I'm now forced to explain why I have a missed to management because the reason isn't evident in the sheeting record. See the situation this puts us in? Sheeting missed is said to be one of the worse things in the world so now we see a damaged package in our PC and cringe because we as the driver lose no matter what.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Even if I do sheet a damaged as missed, then I'm now forced to explain why I have a missed to management because the reason isn't evident in the sheeting record. See the situation this puts us in? Sheeting missed is said to be one of the worse things in the world so now we see a damaged package in our PC and cringe because we as the driver lose no matter what.
Missed poss dam in the remarks

O

OLDMAN3

Don't explain anything to management without a steward present. Keep a notebook or notes in your phone for all "questionable" packages or procedures. Be open and upfront about your concerns about falsifying records, but only with a steward present. If they tell you to do a dishonest deed without one present, tell them you think it is not proper procedure and you will have to discuss it with a steward. The BS will stop, they will not get themselves in trouble by disciplining you for refusing to falsify records.. CYA.

Ecw21411

No, dishonesty is (or should be) mortal sin. I went to help a rookie last night who was working a business heavy route nearly blind. Because of all the CLH volume he couldn't clear out his truck. When I got to him he still had some businesses. I msged the center and said we would make attempts but most likely missed. I really didn't ask permission, I just told them. I mean what else could we sheet them as?

I think between us we had 8 missed.
We've been told to sheet as res after 5 even if it's a com,I refuse to do that

JL 0513

We've been told to sheet as res after 5 even if it's a com,I refuse to do that

Yup, NI1 res for business after 5. Again, can't used missed. When you combine being a cover driver nit know a route well enough with Orion setting up businesses well after 5, this is a daily occurrence.

O

OLDMAN3

I wouldn't want to be in your situation. To me what you are suggesting would be dishonesty by management. Fortunately, as Union employees we drivers have protection from being forced into these ethical dilemmas. There just seems to be an expectation by some management that we drivers should also engage in this dishonest behavior.

O

OLDMAN3

Yup, NI1 res for business after 5. Again, can't used missed. When you combine being a cover driver nit know a route well enough with Orion setting up businesses well after 5, this is a daily occurrence.

Don't do it! You will be the one taking the fall when all this dishonesty comes to light. I have personally seen it before. The same managers will throw you under the bus and deny they instructed you to do it. Document everything.

BrownTexas

They want you to do all this so when you get called in on, they can take your job for dishonesty at anytime. They aren't going to actually say," oh yeah, we told him to do that." Stop being scared and get armed with knowledge. Makes this job a whole lot easier.