No scans

They want you to do all this so when you get called in on, they can take your job for dishonesty at anytime. They aren't going to actually say," oh yeah, we told him to do that." Stop being scared and get armed with knowledge. Makes this job a whole lot easier.
They will never put in any extra routes,if we never have late airs and missed.
Let corporate see the real numbers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wouldn't want to be in your situation. To me what you are suggesting would be dishonesty by management. Fortunately, as Union employees we drivers have protection from being forced into these ethical dilemmas. There just seems to be an expectation by some management that we drivers should also engage in this dishonest behavior.
Since it is a damaged we are allowed to take it out without dishonesty issues. That is how we are trained for timecards.

O

OLDMAN3

Since it is a damaged we are allowed to take it out without dishonesty issues. That is how we are trained for timecards.
Yep,
And they trained the driver posting on this thread to sheet nothing as a missed.
Do you really think it is kosher to take out the missed for time cards, so that it will appear to corporate that the center has no missed stops? I have seen the smile* hit the fan before, and this type of number fudging may be accepted practice in your area but who will be holding the bag when a new corporate audit recognizes the discrepancy in the numbers of missed stops?

Sounds to me like the driver who was told not to sheet any as missed has a boss that realizes he shouldn't be fudging, so he gets his drivers to fudge.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Not really. If you give us the address we go, double click it, and get all the packages destined for that consignee. If we don't see a disposition for it, we know its the one you were talking about. It doesn't make our jobs easier or harder. The only thing it allows is an extra layer of certainty it is the same package.

Having missed is a mortal sin according to our DM. The center manager gets chewed out on the morning call every time there are missed.

The whole thing is silly. We can remove missed from your timecards which we do every time there is a damaged in my center. It doesn't show up in any reports because as far as the system knows, you had 0 missed.

center manager's do not get chewed out on the morning call every time there is a missed. Please quit exaggerating, I have had several DM's and not one has ever chewed out a center manager for every missed piece the center had the prior day. Reporting missed pieces has become fairly routine.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

you better leave the missed on the T/C damaged or not or you will be looking for new employment, now that is the truth!

By The Book

center manager's do not get chewed out on the morning call every time there is a missed. Please quit exaggerating, I have had several DM's and not one has ever chewed out a center manager for every missed piece the center had the prior day. Reporting missed pieces has become fairly routine.
I would hope going forward the goal of management is to find a way to report less missed packages, and not accept an increase as acceptable.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I would hope going forward the goal of management is to find a way to report less missed packages, and not accept an increase as acceptable.

You mean have less missed packages, we have always had missed pieces you cannot hide them anymore be honest and report them.

AKCoverMan

I don't ever remember "missed" being associated with damaged. Damaged isn't missed.

Actually it IS missed since we didn't make a delivery attempt, we chose to abort the delivery and bring the package back to the center. And if the package is truly damaged it is the right thing to do.

As others have said put "DAM" in the remark section. I also take a moment and immediately send a message to center "MISSED AT 123 MAIN ST. IS A DAMAGE" to head off the inevitable question from them.

Actually it IS missed since we didn't make a delivery attempt, we chose to abort the delivery and bring the package back to the center. And if the package is truly damaged it is the right thing to do.

As others have said put "DAM" in the remark section. I also take a moment and immediately send a message to center "MISSED AT 123 MAIN ST. IS A DAMAGE" to head off the inevitable question from them.
It's all a big joke.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Any package that I do not make an attempt on, short of NSN, NSS, etc is recorded as missed.

Including any business attempted after 5PM that is closed.

This is per Corporate via training in the DIAD. It is in black and white.

If your center manager tells you any different, tell him to put it in writing.

Last time I checked, Corporate instructions override your center manager.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Okay I'll be sure to tell my DM you said that next time I hear the call.
you better leave the missed on the T/C damaged or not or you will be looking for new employment, now that is the truth!
I'll be sure to tell my DM that too.

box_beeyotch

So your telling me you can't/won't go thru your truck at 2pm, then I don't want hear about how you are gonna be out late at 8am....quit being a beeyotch and go thru your truck..

8 am? I don't touch a package before my start time 0830...and I don't tell anyone I'm going to be out late I just am. I don't care, thats more money in my pocket. And no I'm not going through my truck, waste of my time.