no signature required

is it true that only the sender determines when a signature will be required for a customer to sign when receiving a package regardless of whether its dhl, fedex, ups??????? this applies to company drivers and independent contract drivers that make deliveries im assuming here. can someone please tell me. thank you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
is it true that only the sender determines when a signature will be required for a customer to sign when receiving a package regardless of whether its dhl, fedex, ups??????? this applies to company drivers and independent contract drivers that make deliveries im assuming here. can someone please tell me. thank you.

Yes. The shipper pays the company, therefore they make the rules, not the recipient. At least that's the way it works at Fedex Express. Can't speak for the rest.

upschuck

For UPS, it is encoded in the tracking label, the driver has no choice but to get a signature. This can also be an electronic signature through My Choice.

T

Turdferguson

It can be the shipper or UPS who determines signature required at UPS. The shipper if they pay extra for that option, UPS if there have been past claims at an address. Or they driver can require one for shipments he or she do not feel comfortable leaving

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It can be the shipper or UPS who determines signature required at UPS. The shipper if they pay extra for that option, UPS if there have been past claims at an address. Or they driver can require one for shipments he or she do not feel comfortable leaving

Oh yeah, I forgot that at Fedex, couriers can also decide whether they need a signature by whether it's a bad area or not and if it's an apartment.