no signature required

Yes. The shipper pays the company, therefore they make the rules, not the recipient. At least that's the way it works at Fedex Express. Can't speak for the rest.
im sorry but can either a company driver who is technically an employee or an independent contractor delivery driver negotiate with the courier company be it dhl/fedex/ups if they only want to deliver packages that dont require signature or not????? can you please tell me. rsvp. thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

im sorry but can either a company driver who is technically an employee or an independent contractor delivery driver negotiate with the courier company be it dhl/fedex/ups if they only want to deliver packages that dont require signature or not????? can you please tell me. rsvp. thank you.

No---they must work as directed.

For UPS, it is encoded in the tracking label, the driver has no choice but to get a signature. This can also be an electronic signature through My Choice.
For UPS, it is encoded in the tracking label, the driver has no choice but to get a signature. This can also be an electronic signature through My Choice.