No sigs on resi stops? DR Everything!

BrownClown69

Wtf? Just started a few days ago. Management made a bold move stating no signatures on any resi stop unless it's a sig required..... I have been dr'ing phones, and 60" tvs at unsecured locations for days..... they even threatened us with warning letters for getting sigs on resis...... no one else getting this?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So you can dr a tv or anything like this at an apt building ????
lol. Lol. Not in my days !
I still wouldn't !!
Treat every pkg like it's your mothers !! Safe dr Your names on the DIAD ,, not the sups

BrownClown69

Sups all demanded dr everything. It's BS. I fought it for 2 days till I was pulled aside for grabbing 130 sigs out of 155 stops. Soo much bs going on..... even threats about warning letters for seat belt dings....

oldngray

nowhere special
Sups all demanded dr everything. It's BS. I fought it for 2 days till I was pulled aside for grabbing 130 sigs out of 155 stops. Soo much bs going on..... even threats about warning letters for seat belt dings....

DR if its safe. If no safe DR location it's a send again. They will probably bitch about send agains but if they insist you make unsafe deliveries make them put it in writing. Which they never will.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's a crap ton of signatures. I hope you're at least on a predominately commercial route.

oldngray

nowhere special
Isn't at the driver's discretion to release or get a signature?

Supposed to be but they will push drivers to DR everything so they can bump up stop counts. They may try to claim you are stealing time by getting signatures but that would be really hard to get to stick.

Thegameisrigged

But if you're still getting the work done, what's the problem? I feel more comfortable placing the package in the hand of the customer and having confirmation the package was received.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Supposed to be but they will push drivers to DR everything so they can bump up stop counts. They may try to claim you are stealing time by getting signatures but that would be really hard to get to stick.

Would it?

130 out of 155 stops is an awfully high percentage.

I had 140 stops today---89 were DRs.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Wtf? Just started a few days ago. Management made a bold move stating no signatures on any resi stop unless it's a sig required..... I have been dr'ing phones, and 60" tvs at unsecured locations for days..... they even threatened us with warning letters for getting sigs on resis...... no one else getting this?

Is your local aware of this change in policy? If so do what the want.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
DR is an option for a reason.
Unless he's all commercial and apartments, or in the straight up ghetto, I just don't get it.

He says he gets 130 signatures for 155 stops, then he says management says DR everything so he's DR'ing phones and televisions. Sounds to me like he's trying to be oppositional. You DR what you can DR, you get signatures for the rest. It's not complicated.

DR'ing electronics goes directly against the latest training module on driver release packages. If they told him to do that he needs to get it in writing.

Last edited:

Thegameisrigged

But it also keeps us away from being over allowed. Even though you might finish slightly faster, your over allow will go through the roof and now they'll act as if you're not moving fast enough.