No Smoking!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm glad smoking is beeing banned in most public places. The fact that it's such a terrible health hazard is reason enough. Not the mention it stinks and is down right inconsiderate to smoke around others who don't. Whatever happened to common courtesy? Or maybe it should be called uncommon courtesy these days? A question for you smokers....why do you smoke anyway? I mean it doesn't taste good. It stinks. It makes your breath stink. It ruins your teeth and gums. It causes cancer. And on top of all that smoking cigs doesn't even make you high! LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm glad smoking is beeing banned in most public places. The fact that it's such a terrible health hazard is reason enough. Not the mention it stinks and is down right inconsiderate to smoke around others who don't. Whatever happened to common courtesy? Or maybe it should be called uncommon courtesy these days? A question for you smokers....why do you smoke anyway? I mean it doesn't taste good. It stinks. It makes your breath stink. It ruins your teeth and gums. It causes cancer. And on top of all that smoking cigs doesn't even make you high! LOL
I think we posted at the same time.
yes its a bad habit, it stinks, it reaks it causes cancer and the reason why is it is an addiction. Thats it.
And any medical proffessional worth his oats knows it. And will tell you it is harder to quit than heroin or cocaine. But guess what, its legal and sold at 95% of stores. But you can quit. Im not pro smoking, Im pro rights. As stated it is a courtesy problem, not a government problem. I insist no one smoke in my home, and guess what, I used to have a guest who insisted in smoking when we do not in our home. And Ive had him here for three holidays, and have three carpet burns. I banned him from my home he is an idiot, inconsiderate, a hole. I didnt need the govt to do it.
Ever see a person carrying an oxygen tank and go into the store to buy cigarettes? Makes ya ill dont it? Its an addiction, and they dont seem able to kick it. Might as well prohibit it like during prohibition when they did it to alcohol. That worked real well, but it did bring Nascar into the picture.

paidslave

Indoor Smoking ban?

I don't understand why UPS has and will try to enforce a fence line smoking ban. The smoking ban is for inside not outside.......Ups has designated smoking areas. As far as the law is concerned, one cannot smoke within 15 feet of an entrance.....Whats the prob smoking outside the 15 feet? Any insight...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local hospital has taken the smoking ban to lengths which I don't think are enforceable. They have banned smoking on property, which is fine, but have also included personal vehicles. They used to have "butt huts" set up in various locations for the smokers to imbide but have taken those away and have banned smoking altogether. As a non-smoker I applausd this action but wonder if they have the authority to ban smoking in personal vehicles, including those of visitors.

As for UPS, they have set up a smoking section just outside the employee entrance and, as you can imagine, it is disgusting, as some of the smokers have a hard time putting their butts into the butt can, leaving them wherever they please. I don't think it will be too long before smoking is banned on property, to include company vehicles.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a $50.00 ticket if you are caught smoking on the VA Hospital property here. That includes sitting in your own car in the parking lot. And yes they are writting tickets for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In Hawaii, you can't smoke within 20 ft. of an entrance to a business.
Worst is if you want to be on the patio at a Sarbucks, you can't have a cig. with your coffee because most have 2 entrances and you can't get 20 ft. away and still be on the patio. There is one exception in Kapolei where they have a drivethru between the building & the patio. That's my hangout!!

You are usually at 20 ft. away if you walk to the back of you car's trunk after pulling into a front parking space.......allows for a wide sidewalk too. Too much trouble....just smoke in your car.

trickpony1

........And on top of all that smoking cigs doesn't even make you high! LOL

I disagree.
Carbon monoxide binds with hemoglobin 4 times greater than oxygen thereby depriving the brain of oxygen.
Depriving the brain of oxygen produces a mild "high".
How many of us know people who have died from smoking? I know 5 people who smoked themselves to death. One of them was my mother.

For all you smokers......smoke on!
The shareholders of the tobacco companies love you!
The government loves you because you might not live long enough to get the social security money that you've spent all these years working for and paying into their coffers.

If tobacco and alcohol were discovered today they would be controlled substances.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I disagree.
Carbon monoxide binds with hemoglobin 4 times greater than oxygen thereby depriving the brain of oxygen.
Depriving the brain of oxygen produces a mild "high".
How many of us know people who have died from smoking? I know 5 people who smoked themselves to death. One of them was my mother.

For all you smokers......smoke on!
The shareholders of the tobacco companies love you!
The government loves you because you might not live long enough to get the social security money that you've spent all these years working for and paying into their coffers.

If tobacco and alcohol were discovered today they would be controlled substances.
My mother also, its an awful thing.
I have a friend on oxygen 24/7 totally from smoking. And she still craves it after it has basically taken her life, although she did quit totally yrs ago. Now that is an addiction.

queenupser

queenupser
The rule is not just no smoking. It's tabacoo free work place.Why are supvisors and workers still allows to dis snuff and chew tabacoo. I'm more worried about the germs and nasty stuff from there spit all over the floors, garbage can lids, doors of trucks, side of trucks. Atleast you don't have to step in or maybe accidently touch spit from smokers.:sick::sick::sick::sick:

paid over

people are quick to worry about cigarette smoke but don't seem to care about the fumes we breathe in on a daily basis sitting above a diesel or gas engine...how much cigarette smoke is equal to that?:dissapointed:

over9five

Staff member
"Bob Newhart. Isn't that Elf's dad?"

No. Bob Newhart is that guy who used to go entertain the troops during the war.