No Smoking!!!

Our local hospital has taken the smoking ban to lengths which I don't think are enforceable. They have banned smoking on property, which is fine, but have also included personal vehicles. They used to have "butt huts" set up in various locations for the smokers to imbide but have taken those away and have banned smoking altogether. As a non-smoker I applausd this action but wonder if they have the authority to ban smoking in personal vehicles, including those of visitors.

As for UPS, they have set up a smoking section just outside the employee entrance and, as you can imagine, it is disgusting, as some of the smokers have a hard time putting their butts into the butt can, leaving them wherever they please. I don't think it will be too long before smoking is banned on property, to include company vehicles.

As for the issue of 2nd hand smoke, it kills, too, just not as precisely.

In memory of too many UPSers to name.

people are quick to worry about cigarette smoke but don't seem to care about the fumes we breathe in on a daily basis sitting above a diesel or gas engine...how much cigarette smoke is equal to that?:dissapointed:

My new rig has one of those "California recognizes this as causing cancer" stickers on the dash. Thank God I don`t smoke or I`d really be screwed.:whiteflag:

HazMatMan

I'm glad smoking is beeing banned in most public places. The fact that it's such a terrible health hazard is reason enough. Not the mention it stinks and is down right inconsiderate to smoke around others who don't. Whatever happened to common courtesy? Or maybe it should be called uncommon courtesy these days? A question for you smokers....why do you smoke anyway? I mean it doesn't taste good. It stinks. It makes your breath stink. It ruins your teeth and gums. It causes cancer. And on top of all that smoking cigs doesn't even make you high! LOL

One word Big, NICOTINE...