No tolerance accident policy in feeders

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
The mesquite hub has had the zero tolerance policy for yrs, it doesn't work. You get in an accident you get a couple days of vacation and you come bact to work w/back pay. well that is unless you do someting stupid and rearend a car on the highway.

Channahon

Having the opportunity to be on a safety committee with my fellow employees, we were able to determine what causes accidents, be it avoidable or not avoidable. However, the frequecies are based on accidents period. I think the company knows, there are conditions beyond a drivers control. I would think the "no tolerance" would hopefully drive the avoidable accidents, where both the union and company are in agreement, the accident was caused by driver error. In most operations the same names come up for accidents. You have to wonder how many accidents the driver may have had in their personal car. If they would use the same caution and care with their UPS vehicle, as they do with their personal car, maybe the number of accidents would decrease. Understanding UPS vehicles are different than personal cars, our drivers generally have the same vehicle daily. The most important issue is safety for our drivers and the public, so everyone can be home with the families at the end of the day.

HazMatMan

The mesquite hub has had the zero tolerance policy for yrs, it doesn't work. You get in an accident you get a couple days of vacation and you come bact to work w/back pay. well that is unless you do someting stupid and rearend a car on the highway.
I agree, I can't see someone getting fired for a first offense, gotta be more behind that guys story than that..

HazMatMan

We had an employee relations manager come in from Atlanta yesterday to have a sit down with us so we could voice our complaints with what was going on here. Our Management didn't want us knowing about it at first and then when they decided to let flyers be put up they put on there that we could go to the meeting, but we had to do so on our own time. They would not pay us for it. I guess they thought noone would show up. Proved them wrong. Hahaha...

Didn't get paid for it?? They pull that crap with the safety meetings before the start times. Anybody who went to that meeting and did not get paid for it was a fool..

HazMatMan

Safety meetings not paid for???? What area do you work in? Safety meetings are ALWAYS paid for.

You know how it goes, you go to a safety meeting 1 hr before your start time, and then when you get your check next week the hour is not in the check, and then you tell your sup, and he/she says "oh, you went to a safety meeting last week" when he/she was the one that said they put you in for the hour in the first place, games, games, games, UPS is good at playing them..

lumberman11

One of the Feeder driver got in some trouble because a deer ran out in front of him and he hit it. He did not wreck or loose control, just hit it. I don't know what trouble he got into because it is so hush-hush, but he had another guy riding with him after that. I was told that he has been driving for more than 20 years.

trickpony1

One of the Feeder driver got in some trouble because a deer ran out in front of him and he hit it. He did not wreck or loose control, just hit it. I don't know what trouble he got into because it is so hush-hush, but he had another guy riding with him after that. I was told that he has been driving for more than 20 years.

Did that supervisor teach that stupid feeder driver how to levitate his 18 wheeler up over that deer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

feeder

Central Pa Member

Its standard procedure for a sup to ride with you when you report an accident, avoidable or unavoidable......yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...