No training.

upslesbian13

So today I ran in to a problem. I was doing my second stop. And apparently it was the wrong address. So I called the number on the package to find out what was the deal with this package. I spoke to the lady. It was her meds and she needs them today and needed to be refrigerated which stated that on the box. She was busy at the time when we spoke so I told her to pick it up at the hub. Which I didn't know that it was closed until later on she called me and told me it was closed. So I told her to drive around back and speak with my sub. The guard stopped her. She told him the situation. And told them I told her to drive around. So she went.. I called her back and asked her what happened. And she said that she was handed the package.. I'm in deep shot once I come back to work on Saturday ain't I? I'm fairly new and in that situation I didn't know what to do besides tell her to find my sub in the hub

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So today I ran in to a problem. I was doing my second stop. And apparently it was the wrong address. So I called the number on the package to find out what was the deal with this package. I spoke to the lady. It was her meds and she needs them today and needed to be refrigerated which stated that on the box. She was busy at the time when we spoke so I told her to pick it up at the hub. Which I didn't know that it was closed until later on she called me and told me it was closed. So I told her to drive around back and speak with my sub. The guard stopped her. She told him the situation. And told them I told her to drive around. So she went.. I called her back and asked her what happened. And she said that she was handed the package.. I'm in deep shot once I come back to work on Saturday ain't I? I'm fairly new and in that situation I didn't know what to do besides tell her to find my sub in the hub
I would assume you violating security policy by allowing a customer onto ups property when you're not authorized to do so. What if the customer had gotten hurt or damaged something when she "drove around"? Why didn't you call your SUP yourself??

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose you had told her to find your sub in the hub but instead he was at the pub. You would really be in hot water, bub.

Seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about or what the problem is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

It's called Non deliver, other NSN 1 resident move on to the next stop... the clerks that work in the day will figure out the correct address and either send you a message later in the day or find the correct address when you bring it back that night and put it out for delivery the next day or the person could be directed how to pick it up at the HUB....

upslesbian13

I called him. He didn't answer my call and called me an hour later... I guess at that point I wasn't thinking. She was like crying to me on the phone asking me pretty much to make a stop that was out of my area not even in my county.. When she called I was long gone from the hub.. I mean a little bit more training would have helped in this situation... The lack of training just makes me want to not even drive because I always look like the ass when something like this happens

upslesbian13

How was I suppose to know that the hub was closed?. I work in the back I don't check the hours that they are open. I mean :censored2: as far as I know they are open when we start our local sort. I have no clue. I've only been there for 6 months...I don't know the ins and outs I barely know anything about the hub besides want I do on a daily basis. That's it. She also stated that she got a call from a lady. Saying that the package will be delivered Monday. But by then she said she would have had to thrown them out upon arrival.

PT Car Washer

Are you saying you are a Saturday Air Driver and had a delivery with a bad address and found out it was not in your area. You then brought the package back to the building for her to pick up and no one was there to give it to her?

UPSGUY72

Yea but what about the human being factor. Someone might really need the meds. I would feel real bad if something happened to that person that I didn't just try a little harder.

So every NDA package or NDAS or is just a S NDA package would make you everything in your power including call the number on the package to make the delivery or just ones that say refrigerate upon delivery....

I treat every package the same the only difference between NDA and and ground packages is the time I need to deliver them by.. I have deliver NDA refrigerate upon receipt to a house and come back the next day to make a delivery and the NDA is still where I put it the day before.

PT Car Washer

The big difference is having 150 stops Monday thru Friday and having 20 stops on Saturday. Yeah, I will go the extra mile. What do I care. I get paid by the hour.

Indecisi0n

Yea but what about the human being factor. Someone might really need the meds. I would feel real bad if something happened to that person that I didn't just try a little harder.
If it's that important you will get a mesage from OMS on what to do when the customer calls in.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I dunno, you keep talking about subs and you have lesbian in your username. All I can think about is $5 footlongs and hot chicks kissin' and stuff. What was the question again?

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

upslesbian13

Yes I am a Saturday air driver.. It was suppose to be shipped to her house but instead it dot shipped to her job. Apparently she gets meds all the time and during the week they get shipped to her job. But today she was off..

BrownChoice

Let this be a lesson that if you know you have a delivery that is medication of ANY KIND, please just go the extra mile. Unless it is ground, then it may not be quite as urgent. Still do what you can.

And never make executive decisions on telling them to go somewhere when you dont even know the hours of the customer counter, or clerk hours.