No training.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Don't get me wrong. I am all about service and taking care of my customers but you have to learn where to draw the line. Would it make sense to deliver a mislabeled package to an address 30 miles off my route? I understand you want to make a good impression and show that you can think on your feet but for future reference always call the center and ask for guidance. I wish you luck because I think you are the type of driver we need when us old guys call it a career.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So every NDA package or NDAS or is just a S NDA package would make you everything in your power including call the number on the package to make the delivery or just ones that say refrigerate upon delivery....

I will call the number on the package or will use Google to try to get the correct address, if needed. There really should be no excuse for a Saturday NDA residential send again unless it is out of the Saturday delivery area. The sup brings those back to the center and will call each consignee to try to make alternate arrangements.

oldngray

nowhere special
I will call the number on the package or will use Google to try to get the correct address, if needed. There really should be no excuse for a Saturday NDA residential send again unless it is out of the Saturday delivery area. The sup brings those back to the center and will call each consignee to try to make alternate arrangements.

An address correction is not a paid send again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An address correction is not a paid send again.

In essence it is.

Don't get me wrong. I am all about service and taking care of my customers but you have to learn where to draw the line. Would it make sense to deliver a mislabeled package to an address 30 miles off my route? I understand you want to make a good impression and show that you can think on your feet but for future reference always call the center and ask for guidance. I wish you luck because I think you are the type of driver we need when us old guys call it a career.

Yes, you do need to learn where to draw the line. I would also not drive 30 miles off area just to make service; however, I would call the customer and try to make alternate delivery arrangements, either at a commercial delivery stop in town or SDWC at center.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As a Saturday air driver, you did a heck of a job! Very often I get NS# send agains that a blind man would have no trouble finding! A lot of Saturday laziness IMO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a Saturday air driver, you did a heck of a job! Very often I get NS# send agains that a blind man would have no trouble finding! A lot of Saturday laziness IMO.

Many years ago a friend of mine called me desperate to try to get his Saturday NDA package that our driver had NSN'd. To be fair, his house (#21) is not marked, but it sits between #19 and #25-----a little bit of effort on our part would have saved all of us from what happened next. My friend asked me if there was any way we could reattempt delivery or perhaps he could pick it up at the center. I called my boss to relay the story and to ask him if it would be OK for me to go to the center, retrieve and run off the package. I wanted to make sure that it would trip any alarms when I went to open the door. He told me that there were no alarms (we have them now) and to do what I needed to do take care of the customer. Long story short, I was able to retrieve and run off the package, which turned out to be a very skimpy bikini for his wife as they were leaving for vacation the next morning. He was so grateful for my help that he gave me a $20 gift card to his restaurant and placed a complimentary call to the 1-800#.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm footlong.
footlong-1.jpg

upslesbian13

This situation has been working my nervous all night and all morning because I know I'm gonna get in trouble for allowing the customer to go in the back..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This situation has been working my nervous all night and all morning because I know I'm gonna get in trouble for allowing the customer to go in the back..

I would hope that they would see that you were just trying to help the customer and will take the time to review security procedures with you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

over9five

Staff member
Be nice Feedah!
It's true tho! As soon as she says "You're giving me a warning letter because I'm a lesbian", they will fall all over themselves taking it back and forgetting about it.

P.S. Anyone advertising being a lesbian by using it in their username has opened themselves up to any comments about it. I have nothing against anyones sexual preference, but this is attention wh...........ing.