No Union BA's working!

BCFan

In our local there are no business agents working.... What a joke ..... 728 was a reform local but now it's a butt kiss local. We rank and file guys are tired of the constant BS ....IF ANY MEMBER WANTS TO HELP WITH A NEW SLATE PLEASE CONTACT ME! This is getting old our e board is bored and they all have a white substance around their chins.... We are freaking tired of being the whipping boys....

Ouch

Don't get overwhelmed with emotion. If in fact you are going to do something about it other than come on here and rant, do it the proper way. Go thru the proper channels and contact the correct officials. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

BCFan

Don't get overwhelmed with emotion. If in fact you are going to do something about it other than come on here and rant, do it the proper way. Go thru the proper channels and contact the correct officials. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.
Please elaborate ,as it is very vague.

M

Mike hunt

I think he's trying to say that starting your campaign on this forum isn't going to matter much. You need to go to union meeting and stand up and tell them your displeasure. I would talk to them face to face before doing this. Nobody likes getting blind sided. This forum won't reach very many people in your local.

Indecisi0n

In our local there are no business agents working.... What a joke ..... 728 was a reform local but now it's a butt kiss local. We rank and file guys are tired of the constant BS ....IF ANY MEMBER WANTS TO HELP WITH A NEW SLATE PLEASE CONTACT ME! This is getting old our e board is bored and they all have a white substance around their chins.... We are freaking tired of being the whipping boys....
I think we all want to know more about this white substance.

Ouch

Buster good Is pretty much spot on. Don't just come here and rant and voice your disgust. Go to the meetings, and take as many displeased people that youcan. Voice your opinion there and get your ducducks in a row to run for office. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get something accomplished.

Mine worked. They came to ups and all their barns like they always do. When your member know you care and they always see your face they tend to vote how you ask them to. They also tend to vote for you in an election at about 90%. Thank God I'm part of a great local.

Overpaid Union Thug

Mine worked. They came to ups and all their barns like they always do. When your member know you care and they always see your face they tend to vote how you ask them to. They also tend to vote for you in an election at about 90%. Thank God I'm part of a great local.

They only make a few appearances in my building per year. Maybe three during election time. Our local (480) claims to be the "premier local in the south." At least thats what I heard at the last meeting I went to. If you work in the hub then yeah.....they are great. If you are in the extended centers then..... not so much. They do a good job with common everyday issues such as over 9.5s, pay issues, and things like that. But when it comes to feeder work they are ALL about the hub and have been screwing the extended centers for years. If you bring this up at a meeting they get a little irritated and will make up all kinds of excuses as to why they are treating the extended centers unfairly. I can't wait until the day someone compiles the evidence needed to put together a strong case for an unfair labor practice charge. It's in the works but it takes time. It's hard when both the company and the local are part of the problem.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure what the OP has against 728, but I can assure you Matt H and Jim H are both great BA's. Grievances have been heard in a timely manner, favoring the employee, and paid with reasonable negotiated dollar amounts in accordance to the contract. Matt H is in the Roswell hub at least once every other week. Our local might be stretched thin for two BA's covering a large area but adding another would also cost more money. I haven't had a problem reaching either one by phone or getting a return phone call.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Why not bring it up at the meeting this Saturday if you feel so strongly about it?

I feel our Local is VERY strong and stands up for the members by getting grievances paid in a timely fashion,by not playing "footsie" with UPS management and by being very accessible to the membership just to name a few.

Why not bring it up at the meeting this Saturday if you feel so strongly about it?

I feel our Local is VERY strong and stands up for the members by getting grievances paid in a timely fashion,by not playing "footsie" with UPS management and by being very accessible to the membership just to name a few.
Let me know if he mans up and does this.