No Vacation/Personal/Sick days approved on Jan. 2nd

GameCockFan

According to an email sent out by UPS today no personal/vacation days are to be approved for
Friday, Jan 2nd. According to the email, you have to work a day in 2015 in order to take a personal/vacation day. If you take a sick day you will lose your holiday pay.

However, people were allowed to take this week as a scheduled vacation. Never heard this bull:censored2: before. Of course I put in for my optional day today, eight days in advance. I'm going to file if I don't get the day off with pay and if forced to work I'm requesting time and a half for all hours worked.

oldngray

nowhere special
According to an email sent out by UPS today no personal/vacation days are to be approved for
Friday, Jan 2nd. According to the email, you have to work a day in 2015 in order to take a personal/vacation day. If you take a sick day you will lose your holiday pay.

However, people were allowed to take this week as a scheduled vacation. Never heard this bull:censored2: before. Of course I put in for my optional day today, eight days in advance. I'm going to file if I don't get the day off with pay and if forced to work I'm requesting time and a half for all hours worked.

Maybe that is just for your center. For mine the 2 optional days ran from May 1 to May 1 and vacations were from Jan 1, so if you still had an option day left UPS couldn't use that excuse.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm thinking about taking an option day. Ours go seniority date to seniority date. I have one and it's a week of vacation so I should be able to take one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If the hours are on your paystub...you can use them whenever you want. They're just worried about staffing on the 2nd....so they make up a "rule". That doesn't mean it'll fly.

GameCockFan

We have 5 optional days, 5 sick days, and I have one week of vacation days that can be taken in 1 day increments (Atlantic Area). Our vac/personal/sick days run from Jan 1st- Jan 1st. It's not a staffing issue.