No women-no minorities

I attended a retirement party last night for two female friends who finally retired from UPS. One had 37 years and one had 34. Both were part time. They told me that now that they are gone there are NO women or minority hourly employees at the center. I'm guessing there are probably 50 to 60 hourly at that building--all white guys now. They said there was an African American there a month ago but he only worked 3 days and quit. Since 1971 when I started I can only think of maybe 4 minorities who worked there but only one of them (an American Indian) lasted more than a week or two. There just doesn't seen to be a great work incentive among the minorities. Any comments? Before anyone says anything about hiring quotas I will say that the minority crowd don't even apply for the jobs being offered.
Out of about two hundred drivers we have two African Americans two Asian Americans three women. Rest are Polish Irish Italian Hungarian German and Slovenia Americans. We have lots of Americans.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I never gave the ratio much thought until this thread. Funny though, 70% of my center is female with only one Hispanic.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
these kinds of conversations seem like they are never going to end in this country. this makes the USA stay a third world country culturally.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
From my cop days I do, but they are very inappropriate for such a conservative forum as this one!
I forgot you were a cop....I believe TooTechie was too. C'mon...more pig vomit. They paraded a tour down my belt a few weeks ago...there was this 400 lb guy waddling down the line and Baby Orca popped into my head....lol.

scooby0048

Surely you can clean up the language and tell us a story. ;)

Target loss prevention called a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. My partner and I were only a couple blocks away so we took the call. I got there 1st find this little Honda CRX with two naked beached whales inside. Car looks like some type of explosion went off inside. Blood guts and other bodily fluids all over the windows. For sure thought it was a crime scene.

Mrs. Shamu pooped and pissed all over the place while they were procreating. Dumbo the trunkless elephant puked as a result of this and tried to get out of the car naked and quickly. Mind you, both these folks combined weighed is about 700lbs in this little Honda. He cuts his leg and johnson on the e-brake lever, bleeding everywhere. Mrs. Shamu is stuck with her :censored2: and ankles between steering wheel and e-brake / shift lever.

Just as my fairly rookie partner rolls up, I tell him to make contact the occupants while I made contact with Target LP. Hero tries to free the two beached whales, get poop, pee, and vomit all over him. He pukes, falls out of car and rolls around the ground like he is stop dropping and rolling for a fire. Ambulance and patrol Sgt. rolls up to see me laughing, him rolling, and them stuck together like wet noodles. Fire arrives and cuts everyone out. That had to be one of the funniest days I can remember...my partner just didn't find the humor in it though.

scooby0048

I forgot you were a cop....I believe TooTechie was too. C'mon...more pig vomit. They paraded a tour down my belt a few weeks ago...there was this 400 lb guy waddling down the line and Baby Orca popped into my head....lol.
Read on...I just finished the story that was my favorite.

oldngray

nowhere special
life_hacks_5.jpg

Target loss prevention called a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. My partner and I were only a couple blocks away so we took the call. I got there 1st find this little Honda CRX with two naked beached whales inside. Car looks like some type of explosion went off inside. Blood guts and other bodily fluids all over the windows. For sure thought it was a crime scene.

Mrs. Shamu pooped and pissed all over the place while they were procreating. Dumbo the trunkless elephant puked as a result of this and tried to get out of the car naked and quickly. Mind you, both these folks combined weighed is about 700lbs in this little Honda. He cuts his leg and johnson on the e-brake lever, bleeding everywhere. Mrs. Shamu is stuck with her :censored2: and ankles between steering wheel and e-brake / shift lever.

Just as my fairly rookie partner rolls up, I tell him to make contact the occupants while I made contact with Target LP. Hero tries to free the two beached whales, get poop, pee, and vomit all over him. He pukes, falls out of car and rolls around the ground like he is stop dropping and rolling for a fire. Ambulance and patrol Sgt. rolls up to see me laughing, him rolling, and them stuck together like wet noodles. Fire arrives and cuts everyone out. That had to be one of the funniest days I can remember...my partner just didn't find the humor in it though.
I dropped a few pounds,after that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Wow. How on earth did they both get into the little car to begin with....vaseline amd a shoehorn? lol

NickyNik

I'd say about 20 females on my sort including myself (twilight) half are seasonal hires. It's about 45/45 black/white with the other 10% being a mix.