No work for WC drivers.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kingOFchester, Oct 30, 2012.

1. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Looks like another day off.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would think that those drivers on Workers Compensation would already have the day off.
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's a nice thing to see we are doing the right thing.
  4. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

Do you mean Westchester County?
  5. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

West Chester hub......suburban Philadelphia.
  6. 'Lord Brown's bidding'

'Lord Brown's bidding' Well-Known Member

West Chester is in Chester County Pa.
  7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

When you are dealing with an injury, in my case- spinal damage, there is never a day off.

Poor widdle Davey Wavey can't seem to get me off his widdle mind. Poor baby.
  8. k946

k946 New Member

I agree, for some of us it is a daily struggle.
  9. Nickfury7

Nickfury7 Member

PHL closed too. There saying there will be an earlier start tomorrow. Prolly have to drive a piece of crap 800 tomorrow.
  10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Cheryl just posted that UPS diverted all the air traffic to Louisville.
  11. Nickfury7

Nickfury7 Member

Yea. But I'm sure it will be there tomorrow morning. We will prolly have to work this Saturday, in which I have no problem with. Just happy they didn't make us go out in this weather.
  12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Stay safe, Nick.
  13. Nickfury7

Nickfury7 Member

Thanks menotyou, I sure will.
  14. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

If we are required to work on Saturday, do we get time and a half? Is it an option to work if the open on Saturday? Can't seem to see anything about it in the contract. I will say, regardless I will work Saturday, just curios to the in's and out's of such an event. thanks/
  15. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

We went out today. No pickups. Do what you can. They sent a message at 330 to be back and off by 430.
  16. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

I'll pick on you since you were the latest to post. It would be nice, in threads like this one, if people would mention where, geographically, they are located. I am sitting here in 85 degree weather near Phoenix and can't imagine what you people are going through. I definitely don't envy you.....God bless.
  17. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Seems someone thinks the world revolves around them.
  18. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

Ok Lib, I'm just outside of NYC (actually my building is in NYC) but we deliver in lower Westchester County. Long Island and NJ and downtown Manhattan got more damage than we did.
  19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Delivered all day Monday and then went in at 11am and worked till about 5:45pm today. And only about an hour away from WC. Get back to work tomorrow.
  20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

No. Just aware of who the poster was referring to. It's not all about me, in my world.