No work (snowday)

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They told ya to come in, you get paid for 8 even if they change their minds and send you home. So not a complete waste of time.

Not if they close for weather. A year and a half ago (or so), when the Hurricane hit the Northeast, we were told to come in and we would be put on the road. Pretty much all drivers came in, and after standing around for almost an hour they sent us all home. Everybody who came in filed a grievance, but they were not paid out since the whole operation shut down due to the storm.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not if they close for weather. A year and a half ago (or so), when the Hurricane hit the Northeast, we were told to come in and we would be put on the road. Pretty much all drivers came in, and after standing around for almost an hour they sent us all home. Everybody who came in filed a grievance, but they were not paid out since the whole operation shut down due to the storm.
Depends, last time they closed for snow here everyone who reported got paid.

some1else

Banned
I cant believe everyone waiting by their phone at 10am lol. I decided on tuesday i wouldnt be working thur fri (defiently not saturday!!) regardless if they where dumb enough to open the bldg. alot less stressful that way. Im looking at 2' out my window and in virginia That is alot. Ill have EC stops for at least all next week and missed for longer than that. Once you are going to be out for 12 hours and bringing back missed for 2 weeks does it really matter if you stay home for 2 days?? Happens everytime

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I cant believe everyone waiting by their phone at 10am lol. I decided on tuesday i wouldnt be working thur fri (defiently not saturday!!) regardless if they where dumb enough to open the bldg. alot less stressful that way. Im looking at 2' out my window and in virginia That is alot. Ill have EC stops for at least all next week and missed for longer than that. Once you are going to be out for 12 hours and bringing back missed for 2 weeks does it really matter if you stay home for 2 days?? Happens everytime
You be must be southern Va. I got about 14 last night and it just started again, supposed to get another 2-4 tonight.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's a treacherous drive here in CT but they made us go out and called us back in around 4pm grabbing pickups on the way. Glad I went out and delivered, will make it easier tomorrow. Plus no chance they'll make us 6 punch it on Saturday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sorry
Assumed if I said 6 punch Saturday, it would make sense.

We got enough work off today where they wont need us for emergency Valentine Day deliveries

upschuck

They cancelled day sort, and we didn't get any snow. Something about not getting any loads from the south. They are going to try and not pay them. Heard the steward was taking names of those that came in to get them paid.