No work (snowday)

some1else

Yeah we never get the go home easy 8 treatment. Usually say if u want the hours stay here and scan all these stops EC.
Usually i wash windshields!! They used to try to make us run carwash but are required to provide clean ppe and do not have it so sorry no carwash i can do windows though

Rainman

Its all good.
Usually i wash windshields!! They used to try to make us run carwash but are required to provide clean ppe and do not have it so sorry no carwash i can do windows though
Our car wash people don't do windows. We clean our own windows or they stay dirty.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

They told ya to come in, you get paid for 8 even if they change their minds and send you home. So not a complete waste of time.

Not completely true. A few guys that made it in said they wanted their 8 hours, and a sup told them "sure, start unloading the box line. You want your 8 we'll work you for 8". Sorry, but I left. Don't need the money that bad that I'll stick around and be a sup's bitch for 8 hours.

Marne Vet

Booking off is as alien to me, as when I say we have trips, or we "bid a trip". We don't call them routes here, or anything else. If you need a sick day, then you call out. We refer to that like this: "We had 3 call outs today", or "So and So called out". Different areas of the country have different terminology for what we do. No one is correct, or weird, because they use different terms for the job. We should start a work slang thread to describe all if the stuff we do that has so many various descriptions.