Nobody wants to be pt Sup!Why?

22.34life

A new employee that turns part time sup makes 13.50 and hour. They are guaranteed 27.5 - - - 13.50x27.5 = 371.25
A ten year part time union employee makes 20.00 an hour. They are guaranteed 17.5 ---- 20.00x17.5 = 350.00

Benefits depending on the plan for a part time sup is around $27 a week. It's pretty close.. No that much different.

hourly wage is hourly wage ,the union guy makes more per hour and everybody gets more than 17.5 hours more like 22 hrs and if the union guy works one double shift a week he is making way more than a p/t sup.

UPSSOCKS

hourly wage is hourly wage ,the union guy makes more per hour and everybody gets more than 17.5 hours more like 22 hrs and if the union guy works one double shift a week he is making way more than a p/t sup.

Part time sups work double shift and more than 27.5

UPSSOCKS

A day one employee that starts at UPS and gets promoted makes as much as the union guy that has been there for ten years. End of story.

Red Dawn

HAVE YOU NOT ASKED OTHER SUP.?!?! good luck, you should be ok if you have a degree.

The ones in my hub HATE their jobs. They are treated like trash!!! I feell bad for my sups. none of them every smile. the young ones have been looking for another job!

Damangp

I havnt seen a hesitation from a FT sup throwing his PT sup under the bus. PT sup are treated so unfair they didnt get a christmas bonus last year, they got a 1 or 2 % raise , they never get there OT approved, i never see them get a break and they get yelled at for addcuts that arrive at 830am and wasnt done which is retarded since drivers start at 9am and its chaos during that time. Best move is stay pt preload for 1 year with sat air and be a driver. Its funny how most FT operational and oncar sup regret leaving union.

UPSSOCKS

I havnt seen a hesitation from a FT sup throwing his PT sup under the bus. PT sup are treated so unfair they didnt get a christmas bonus last year, they got a 1 or 2 % raise , they never get there OT approved, i never see them get a break and they get yelled at for addcuts that arrive at 830am and wasnt done which is retarded since drivers start at 9am and its chaos during that time. Best move is stay pt preload for 1 year with sat air and be a driver. Its funny how most FT operational and oncar sup regret leaving union.

Part time sups never got a Christman Bonus... I know you and some of them think they did, but it wasn't a Christmas bonus. Part time sups used to get paid bi-monthly (every two weeks). Some months like the one we are (July) has four weeks and three days. So if the part time sups only got paid for four weeks, when do they get paid for the other three days left over? That was the "Christmas Bonus" it was all the days they didn't get paid for throughout the year. Now they get paid weekly and there is no extra days left unpaid. The only thing they did lose was their hub performance bonus which was the equivalent to nothing the last couple years it was around.

I am at CACH frequently... Your local is one of the weakest... I will state that there are strong locals left out there, but you definitely aren't one of them. Your local is a perfect example of the rise and fall of the teamsters..

Get real. You are obviously at some remote hole in the wall location if you get away with the stuff you claim on these boards. There is no way you do the things you say and get the reactions to said things if you are in a major city like New York, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, etc...

Chances are you are in a major city but you come on these boards to play big man on campus for a few minutes. My BA will tell you how to run your company within the confines of the contract whether you like it or not and you will obey.

UPSSOCKS

Get real. You are obviously at some remote hole in the wall location if you get away with the stuff you claim on these boards. There is no way you do the things you say and get the reactions to said things if you are in a major city like New York, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, etc...

Chances are you are in a major city but you come on these boards to play big man on campus for a few minutes. My BA will tell you how to run your company within the confines of the contract whether you like it or not and you will obey.

I eat BA's for breakfast they are nothing more than dirtbags in cheap suits. It's comical that you say your BA will tell me how to do things. Wanna know what I do when I see a BA in the building? I discipline every person that stops working to talk to him. Now when he walks around no one will even look his way. When you grow up I will show you how to fool a BA, into thinking you are following the contract.

softshoe

I eat BA's for breakfast they are nothing more than dirtbags in cheap suits. It's comical that you say your BA will tell me how to do things. Wanna know what I do when I see a BA in the building? I discipline every person that stops working to talk to him. Now when he walks around no one will even look his way. When you grow up I will show you how to fool a BA, into thinking you are following the contract.

Local 177 would eat you for breakfast.

I was talking about a sort where the part time sups oversee only full time employees. (And as far as I was aware I had replied with my opinion to a post that asked the question why no one wanted to be a part time sup. It was rather arrogant of you to assume I had read anything you posted since my reply was to that original question. ) Part time sups perform union work (load/unload) just like the full time hourly employees on their staff but get part time sup pay instead of the wage they deserve for doing both their job and union work. They find themselves often thrown under the bus that is driven by upper management who are amazingly oblivious to the obvious.

UPSSOCKS

I was talking about a sort where the part time sups oversee only full time employees. (And as far as I was aware I had replied with my opinion to a post that asked the question why no one wanted to be a part time sup. It was rather arrogant of you to assume I had read anything you posted since my reply was to that original question. ) Part time sups perform union work (load/unload) just like the full time hourly employees on their staff but get part time sup pay instead of the wage they deserve for doing both their job and union work. They find themselves often thrown under the bus that is driven by upper management who are amazingly oblivious to the obvious.

Is there a sort that consists of only full time employees??? You don't even work for UPS do you??

Returntosender

My sort just failed our audit. The fulltime supervisor threw a part time supervisor under the bus for the failure.

Is there a sort that consists of only full time employees??? You don't even work for UPS do you??

No, I do not work for UPS. I work for myself and my family. UPS however, is my employer and yes, there is such a sort that is staffed with only full time union employees. It's a tough economy. ALL of our sort's part time employees were layed off.

UPSSOCKS

No, I do not work for UPS. I work for myself and my family. UPS however, is my employer and yes, there is such a sort that is staffed with only full time union employees. It's a tough economy. ALL of our sort's part time employees were layed off.

Listen pal you work for UPS. You and your family are a distant second. If you work in a place that your whole part time work force got laid off, then you have no buisness chiming in on anything, because you definitely don't have a clue. Where are you located? Africa? It's not that tough of an economy.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Listen pal you work for UPS. You and your family are a distant second. If you work in a place that your whole part time work force got laid off, then you have no buisness chiming in on anything, because you definitely don't have a clue. Where are you located? Africa? It's not that tough of an economy.

UPSSOCKS...Why sugar coat what you're saying on here. You definitely have a very unique perspective.

I encourage everyone to vote YES for UPSSOCKS as a Mod.

UPS management made a decision to lay off all of the part time hourly employees on our sort. I am not sure why you believe that particular fact should keep me from chiming in or why you assume I don't have a clue. In this place, as we all hide behind our anonymity, a UPSer is a UPSer regardless of rank, pay scale, union seniority or any other BS that we face day to day in the workplace. Why do I make you so mad?

UPSSOCKS

UPS management made a decision to lay off all of the part time hourly employees on our sort. I am not sure why you believe that particular fact should keep me from chiming in or why you assume I don't have a clue. In this place, as we all hide behind our anonymity, a UPSer is a UPSer regardless of rank, pay scale, union seniority or any other BS that we face day to day in the workplace. Why do I make you so mad?

You don't make me mad. You make me sad, everytime you tell another lie god cries......

Red Dawn

does anyone else think this tread was posted by someone in corporate. I know they were wanting to know why we have had 4 pt sup up and quit w//i the first 5 months.(one shift) Two didn't even wait to find another job, they just said friend-u i quit. And in this economy someone is willing to just quit. You know it's bad