Noj admin consolidation

sweetpea

none that i heard of been told they are still working on details, last time i went thru this it took them 6 weeks before they got back to us. you would think after this many times they would get it right and have all the info before they made the announcement, but think about it -it's management-what can i say

lorri47

I am in MNJ still waiting for the info on what admin jobs are no longer needed. I think it is a shame that they make this announcement 3 weeks ago and leave us waiting all this time to see if we still have a job. I heard they offered TSG techs 26 weeks pay.

UPSERNOJ

So far we had one meeting on 1/19 announcing the admin consolidation. To date, we have not heard anything more. I do know that other admins in other districts received a package two weeks ago. Do not know the details of the package. No info on what jobs are affected.

sweetpea

beleive 1/2 of what you see and nothing of what you hear, until you are called in or handed anything just wait, the longer it takes the more paychecks you will have-IF they offer the package take the package and run because you know it will happen again-ups does not want admins-trust no one

sweetpea

well the admins got it-to most of us it is no surprise but it is the way it is being done. instead of HR coming to see me face to face I got a call then was told he would nda the package to me-also felt pressure to give him an answer right there on the phone. when i rec'd the nda-it stated that we had 45 days to make a decision then they would be contacting us around feb 16th for a decsion-oh yea, we cannot see the list of jobs available-we tell HIM do we want the package or take our chances on seeing the list, what kind of nonsense is this-

old levi's

blank space
well the admins got it-to most of us it is no surprise but it is the way it is being done. instead of HR coming to see me face to face I got a call then was told he would nda the package to me-also felt pressure to give him an answer right there on the phone. when i rec'd the nda-it stated that we had 45 days to make a decision then they would be contacting us around feb 16th for a decsion-oh yea, we cannot see the list of jobs available-we tell HIM do we want the package or take our chances on seeing the list, what kind of nonsense is this-

Sounds like the same warm and fuzzy company that we all work for. :dissapointed:

UPSERNOJ

Office Mgr handed out the package to us today laughing. Said if you have any questions, send him an email and he will forward it to HR. The seniority list should be out Feb. 16th. Called HR and they said the office manager has to answer any questions you have....typical bs.

lorri47

I was just wondering if anyone out there was offered a separation package. I heard the process began today. There was supposed to be a job listing for those affected. I heard they weren't showing the job listing until you said no to a separation packet. Is that true. If so, that is terrible.

I was just wondering if anyone out there was offered a separation package. I heard the process began today. There was supposed to be a job listing for those affected. I heard they weren't showing the job listing until you said no to a separation packet. Is that true. If so, that is terrible.
If I were in that situation, I would try to get as many as I could to refuse to discuss a buy out until the positions were posted. UPS needs to stop playing with people's lives and talk straight with them.

ImpactedTSG

Sounds similar to the BS they pulled with us three years ago in TSG. We were told several different stories and there were several "lists" going around. I finally said just give me the seperation package, I'm outta here. My salary has since doubled and I am much happier. When it first happened I was mad, upset, scared, etc, but there is life outside of UPS so don't let it worry you too much.

UPSERNOJ

We were told that there is a total of 70 admin positions that will be gone as of 4/30. That means 70 admins need to be placed. Job selection was to start up Monday 2/16 based on a seniority list. They first want to see who will accept the package before the job selection begins.