Nomination Day November 9 2013 for Local 728

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Hope I see all of my 728 Brothers and Sisters this weekend at the Hall. The Craft Meeting starts at 0900,followed by a Tailgate Lunch Cook Out and the Nomination Meeting will begin at 1400. I'm supporting Randy Brown and the Members First Slate,and it should b a VERY interesting meeting

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had a great meeting today,and a nice cookout to boot. I am supporting the current leadership the Members First Slate. I feel Randy Brown and his officers make the local the strongest it has ever been.
One of the opposition's slates candidate for President has been ruled Ineligible ,so it will be interesting on how that slate will proceed

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorry I couldn't make it today, I was sitting around watching football with my doc this afternoon. How many slates are running? Was the candidate that was ruled ineligible a certain feeder driver out of the Forest Park Hub? I haven't seen any campaigning at all so far in my building. We are pretty close to the Hall, the BAs from the Members First Slate are in my building a lot.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Sorry I couldn't make it today, I was sitting around watching football with my doc this afternoon. How many slates are running? Was the candidate that was ruled ineligible a certain feeder driver out of the Forest Park Hub? I haven't seen any campaigning at all so far in my building. We are pretty close to the Hall, the BAs from the Members First Slate are in my building a lot.
The candidate ruled ineligible was a Business Agent in 04-05 and is a package car driver in Acworth. There are 3 slates altogether,and we havent seen anyone campaigning either. Our BA is from our building and I doubt we'll see any one other than Members First campaigining in our building.

​oh yeah Mikail said hi!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm curious as to what kind of turn out you guys had in relation to your to total membership.
My local holds their monthly membership meeting on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm and the turn out is pathetic.
We have over 4,000 members and seldom have more than 20 show up on any given month.
I love the fact that your local works in a little fellowship with the meeting in the form of a cookout.
Perhaps dual purpose events like Local 728 enjoy can be incorporated at my local to promote member involvement and brotherhood?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm curious as to what kind of turn out you guys had in relation to your to total membership.
My local holds their monthly membership meeting on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm and the turn out is pathetic.
We have over 4,000 members and seldom have more than 20 show up on any given month.
I love the fact that your local works in a little fellowship with the meeting in the form of a cookout.
Perhaps dual purpose events like Local 728 enjoy can be incorporated at my local to promote member involvement and brotherhood?

Our UPS and Freight Craft meetings are held on either the Second or third Saturday's of each month at 0900,then the General Membership Meeting is held at 1000 and I can be as guilty as the next for often finding reasons not to go. This year I have been to quite a few because of the Contract and Elections. Even with elections and differing opinions we still all shook hands and didnt let things get ugly

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local is comprised of 3 centers with the two outer ones roughly 90 miles away from the center one. The monthly meetings rotate among the 3 centers----this month it is in the center furthest from mine (180 miles or 3 hours away). Contract and election meetings are held in each center. Very few people go to the monthly meeting and, sadly, only a few more attend the contract/election meetings.

Inthegame

We had a great meeting today,and a nice cookout to boot. I am supporting the current leadership the Members First Slate. I feel Randy Brown and his officers make the local the strongest it has ever been.
One of the opposition's slates candidate for President has been ruled Ineligible ,so it will be interesting on how that slate will proceed
So a candidate for the rather important position of President didn't bother to check on eligibility? Good thing he can't possibly get elected.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our local is comprised of 3 centers with the two outer ones roughly 90 miles away from the center one. The monthly meetings rotate among the 3 centers----this month it is in the center furthest from mine (180 miles or 3 hours away). Contract and election meetings are held in each center. Very few people go to the monthly meeting and, sadly, only a few more attend the contract/election meetings.

Are there no other Teamsters in your local than UPSers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So UPS allows the local to have union meetings at the perspective centers for all Teamsters in the local?​

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific-----I used the word "center" rather than "city"----we do not meet at the UPS facility. In my city we meet at the local VFW. In the other two we either meet at the union hall or a local restaurant.