Non CDL Bulk Van route

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's very possible to go overweight if you make pickups at some times of shippers. Printers are the easiest to go overweight at. If you ever get over 26000 lbs without a cdl, you would be cited as well as UPS. I know I've gone over 26000 with the straight body. I don't know how they could enforce weight if you never travel past a weigh station.
Wineries are a weight problem for us sometimes; a double-axle P-700 can take 5,000 lbs of cargo which means that 125 full cases of wine (40lbs each) will overload you long before containment becomes a problem. I think the big trucks (we call them "Mashers" out here) can take about 15,000 lbs of cargo which is easy enough to reach on a big day at a winery.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My center doesn't care about CDL requirements. I can't get it through their heads on some tanks/box vans that it doesn't matter what it is licensed for, but GVWR.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Wineries are a weight problem for us sometimes; a double-axle P-700 can take 5,000 lbs of cargo which means that 125 full cases of wine (40lbs each) will overload you long before containment becomes a problem. I think the big trucks (we call them "Mashers" out here) can take about 15,000 lbs of cargo which is easy enough to reach on a big day at a winery.
My center needs to understand this when the brickload a P1 with paper for the fort's logistics center.

mdnj88

We just call them "footers" here for "24 footers". Part of my route used to be on one but they took that stop off me. We have about 15 of those trucks since we do quite a few malls and industrial parks. We have one route that the driver uses 3 different 24 footers everyday to get his route done. 1 for deliveries and 2 for pickups

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We just call them "footers" here for "24 footers". Part of my route used to be on one but they took that stop off me. We have about 15 of those trucks since we do quite a few malls and industrial parks. We have one route that the driver uses 3 different 24 footers everyday to get his route done. 1 for deliveries and 2 for pickups

Edison, NJ building?

S

selfcancelsignal

Class D chauffeurs license for the PC's is all right for the straight trucks at our center, not a full blown CDL. Wonder when that'll be coming. It's bound to the way things go around Brown.

Sent from my rotary phone.

ikoi62

Boundbrook?

Johney

Class D chauffeurs license for the PC's is all right for the straight trucks at our center, not a full blown CDL. Wonder when that'll be coming. It's bound to the way things go around Brown.

Sent from my rotary phone.
Didn't the DMV do away with class D license? They did here.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
My center doesn't care about CDL requirements. I can't get it through their heads on some tanks/box vans that it doesn't matter what it is licensed for, but GVWR.

On the brownsides we have here, they are listing them as rated to 25,500lbs to avoid the drivers needing a CDL.

It would still be 20,000 lbs on the rear axle though, so possible to go overweight. Sometimes the MVD here will put out mobile weigh stations specifically for local carriers and they will weigh ours as well as Fedex and any commercial vehicle falling under DOT regs. Besides overweight, a driver could be cited for improper loading if the weight is distributed too much to the rear or one side in which braking could be affected. Generally the citations go to the driver thought they can write it any way they want. UPS would pay your fine but any points would be all yours. I would certainly lawyer up.

danlin

I have driven one to a satellite center for the last 5 years, no CDL , no problems.....yet.
Mine is called Big Bertha and its loaded right next to a mall one nick-named Large Marge...