Non dot

bbsam

Staff member
We have one courier who is non-DOT due to medical reasons. He was only able to drive Sprinters or smaller. I heard this week he is ok to also drive the new "W640's". However he cannot drive a 700 or larger??
probably has to do with weight limits.

For the most part I agree with you but I can drive all day and make 130 stops and be fine. However, I can barely drive across the state and keep my eyes open.

You could kill someone hitting them with a motorcycle. It's not this foolish vehicle weight limit. It's the fatigue of the operator.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For the most part I agree with you but I can drive all day and make 130 stops and be fine. However, I can barely drive across the state and keep my eyes open.

When the kids were young we drove from Orlando (Disney) back to Plattsburgh (NY) in one day (22.5 hrs).

Now I have to stay overnight if I drive to Albany (2.5 hrs).

Resident know-it-all.

!Retired!

I can't remember taking an hour break. Makes me tired to sit still for any longer than that.

I made 2 moves in the past 15 years. 23 ours and 22.5 hours, both non stop.

starglacier

Yes still have to take a one hour lunch . With the late freight everyday guys are taking. 30 minutes breaks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5yearsleft

We have a few diabetics at our station (Type 1's) who can only drive Sprinters or vans, they are non DOT. As far as the hour breaks go, after peak it was "10 hour routes must take 1 hour, 8 hour routes need to take a half hour". Of course the 8 hour routes are usually 9 hours anyway, but no one here takes a one hour break & no one is getting OLCC's over it.

CJinx

Famed space pilot Hans Solo got this one wrong. A parsec is a measure of distance, not time.

It's like saying I made the New York-LA run in 1200 miles.

(An old astronomy textbook pointed this out)
Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec is a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run
/nerdmode

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec is a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run
/nerdmode
I stand corrected..Thanks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When the kids were young we drove from Orlando (Disney) back to Plattsburgh (NY) in one day (22.5 hrs).

Now I have to stay overnight if I drive to Albany (2.5 hrs).

Resident know-it-all.
That's because now you don't have a wife whose lips are flapping the whole way makin it impossible to relax for more than 5 seconds at a time.