non economic aspects in the tentative agreement

tourists24

The economic stuff gets the lion share of the discussion, but I am also curious as to other stuff too. Wonder what if any language changes on harassment and 9.5 language was agreed to? Thoughts?

balland chain

The economic stuff gets the lion share of the discussion, but I am also curious as to other stuff too. Wonder what if any language changes on harassment and 9.5 language was agreed to? Thoughts?
Speaking for myself, when I filled out the union questionnaire , harassment was one the number one issue for me.. I recall in one of our contracts, I think when they first came out with the diad, they, the union had language that they could not discipline us for information obtained with the technological advancements. However, they hve and it has gotten much worse, at least it has here in the south. I would also like to know about the pension and if there are any increases, since I am in that suck ass Central states plan...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
We won't know until the tentative agreement is publicly released by the IBT. The specific information regarding the pay raises and the non-specific information regarding starting pay for part-timers was released because those are the two items most members want to know the most about. I doubt we'll see the tentative agreement released until talking points have been mailed out to all UPS shop stewards.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Speaking for myself, when I filled out the union questionnaire , harassment was one the number one issue for me.. I recall in one of our contracts, I think when they first came out with the diad, they, the union had language that they could not discipline us for information obtained with the technological advancements. However, they hve and it has gotten much worse, at least it has here in the south. I would also like to know about the pension and if there are any increases, since I am in that suck ass Central states plan...

One gets the feeling that if management said "Good morning!" to you, you would consider that harassment.
They probably consider you a "ball and chain" ... just saying.

Not saying your point is invalid.

Indecisi0n

One gets the feeling that if management said "Good morning!" to you, you would consider that harassment.

Honestly I wish my managers would stop talking to me all together. They think I am their friends but I can't see how I give that impression. When they talk to me I nod smile without speaking then walk away. If I see them coming I go the other way.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Honestly I wish my managers would stop talking to me all together. They think I am their friends but I can't see how I give that impression. When they talk to me I nod smile without speaking then walk away. If I see them coming I go the other way.

You probably come across as indecisive.

iowa boy

You got to fill out a union questionnaire????

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Really, why would you not want to talk to managers. Is it because of ?, would you do the same thing if you were an employee else where?

Don't confuse friendly with being friends, its an employee and employer relationship.

I would be interested to see you elaborate some more on the topic...

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Would be nice if they limited the amount of stuff going Surepost & gave some of the work back to us.

If you know anyone who hates getting packages via SurePost, suggest that they become a member of MyChoice. There is an option under the free MyChoice account letting a subscriber know when a package is being sent to them via surepost, and then they have the option to pay a $3.50 fee to "upgrade" their package to UPS Ground.

We should all understand why surepost exists; the customer, namely, the shippers, asked for it. It is cheaper than Ground, hence why consumers would have to pay that "upgrade fee". Nonetheless, UPS has found another way to recapture some of that SurePost volume into Teamster hands for delivery, and not at a loss for the company.

oldupsman

My guess is nothing will change in regards to those issues.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wanted to see more penalties for seniority violations. Right now the only true penalty when a driver is forced to run a route is they can file for the difference in pay between the route they ran and the route they wanted to run. The problem is that the other driver might be done earlier. Sometimes much earlier. I have filed anyway just on the seniority violations only to receive letter after letter from the grievance hearings saying "will comply" only to have the same problem again later. The penalty in these situations should be that the I should be paid for ALL hours worked by the other driver in addition to hours worked on the route I was forced to run. I bet the "will comply" letters would stop if this were the case.

I also wanted to see the weight limit for packages lowered to 70lbs. We need to get out of the furniture delivery business. That is what UPS Freight is for.

Indecisi0n

Really, why would you not want to talk to managers. Is it because of ?, would you do the same thing if you were an employee else where?

Don't confuse friendly with being friends, its an employee and employer relationship.

I would be interested to see you elaborate some more on the topic...

In my building they are all back stabbing morons who can't do anything right. I want nothing to do with any of them.

browniehound

This thought crossed my mind. What exactly is "harrassment"? I hear it all the time but never experienced it personally. I've been dragged in the office and read the riot act when I friend-ed up but would not consider this harrassment. Are you saying you got yelled at for not using your hand-rail during an observation and then them following you every day is harrassment? I wouldn't. I would say that is a good business person looking out for his bottom line.

If he worked for you in your family business I believe you would do the same.

So what exactly is harrassment? I believe I work with a bunch of babies. Work and life are hard. People are cruel. Deal with it like a man and don't start crying to your mommy. "mommy mommy my center manager keeps yelling at me because I have late air everyday and I deliver grounds before 1030" That's how I feel at least...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wanted to see more penalties for seniority violations. Right now the only true penalty when a driver is forced to run a route is they can file for the difference in pay between the route they ran and the route they wanted to run. The problem is that the other driver might be done earlier. Sometimes much earlier. I have filed anyway just on the seniority violations only to receive letter after letter from the grievance hearings saying "will comply" only to have the same problem again later. The penalty in these situations should be that the I should be paid for ALL hours worked by the other driver in addition to hours worked on the route I was forced to run. I bet the "will comply" letters would stop if this were the case.

I also wanted to see the weight limit for packages lowered to 70lbs. We need to get out of the furniture delivery business. That is what UPS Freight is for.

Absolutely!!