Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
Recoil of a 10mm never seemed very bad to me. Most of those pistols are built on .45 frames and there isn't a big difference. I have shot a lot of magnum revolvers so recoil doesn't bother me much though.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went shooting today.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1477797148.191166.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Ruger 50th Anniversary Special Edition Distributor model, it is a fine shooting weapon. Glock 43 and 23, DPMS AR-15 somebody gave me. I reloaded some 5.56 over a year ago, I finally got around to shooting some of it today. Very tight grouping, I was pleased.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1477828625.523264.jpg

This was the disturbing part to me. Second time with the G43. First shot a little high to the left, the next six in the same spot. I need to practice a little bit more.

over9five

Staff member
gun.jpeg
hols.jpeg

S&W Bodyguard 380 is what I got to replace the AMT. With the pocket holster, it's very comfortable and not noticeable.
Got the model with the Crimson Trace laser, only because I never owned a gun with one.

Johney

gun safety.jpg
Two things,any reason why that weapon is sitting in a case with a magazine in it and doesn't have the safety on? Also no flash suppressor?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 103489 Two things,any reason why that weapon is sitting in a case with a magazine in it and doesn't have the safety on? Also no flash suppressor?

Both rifles are empty and pointed downrange, I had stuck a 40-round P-Mag in the AR to see if it would fit in the case. It's too long of course. Somebody gave me that rifle, I suspect its a California model since it came with a heavy-duty bull barrel, a ten-round magazine, and standard AR furniture. You can't have those evil flash suppressors and collapsible stocks on them. I thought about threading the barrel and putting a suppressor on it, but that big flash ball that comes out does look cool. ARs have little recoil so this one fires the same as other ARs. I added the quad rail and Magpul accessories to it.

Johney

Both rifles are empty and pointed downrange, I had stuck a 40-round P-Mag in the AR to see if it would fit in the case. It's too long of course. Somebody gave me that rifle, I suspect its a California model since it came with a heavy-duty bull barrel, a ten-round magazine, and standard AR furniture. You can't have those evil flash suppressors and collapsible stocks on them. I thought about threading the barrel and putting a suppressor on it, but that big flash ball that comes out does look cool. ARs have little recoil so this one fires the same as other ARs. I added the quad rail and Magpul accessories to it.
I understand,I was just taught that unless the gun is in your hand and ready to shoot it should always have the safety on. Nice looking guns.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I understand,I was just taught that unless the gun is in your hand and ready to shoot it should always have the safety on. Nice looking guns.
If it's anything like mine, I actually store mine in it's case with the bolt released and dust cover closed. With the bolt released, you actually can't engage the safety.