Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

Johney

View attachment 103960

Here's a Libturd Massachusetts compliant model. Notice the errr...... fully loaded..... 10 round mag.... Eight inches of mag, where the ammo takes up only two inches. DUMB! Also no evil flash suppressor, and a pinned no longer adjustable stock.
Excuse the cat's tail, he has to be everywhere....
Need me to ship you some?
mag.JPG

I know this one's different.

trickpony1

View attachment 103440 View attachment 103441

S&W Bodyguard 380 is what I got to replace the AMT. With the pocket holster, it's very comfortable and not noticeable.
Got the model with the Crimson Trace laser, only because I never owned a gun with one.

Have you had any problem with the steel mag rubbing the plastic mag release mechanism/bolt causing wear and unexpected release.

I know someone who had to replace the plastic button/bolt due to wear and unreliability.

What was S&W thinking using plastic on a steel wear point?

over9five

Staff member
Have you had any problem with the steel mag rubbing the plastic mag release mechanism/bolt causing wear and unexpected release.

I know someone who had to replace the plastic button/bolt due to wear and unreliability.

Haven't heard of that issue. I'll take a look at that this weekend.

oldngray

nowhere special

Smiths are shiny and shoot well but seem to frequently have issues like that. I have a 645 where the safety lever is held in by a screw that will need to periodically be tightened back up as it works its way loose. It was "improved" in the 4506 to a pin .... that breaks.

over9five

Staff member
Smiths are shiny and shoot well but seem to frequently have issues like that. I have a 645 where the safety lever is held in by a screw that will need to periodically be tightened back up as it works its way loose. It was "improved" in the 4506 to a pin .... that breaks.
I had to threadlock the screws that hold the grips on on my new S&W 1911.

trickpony1

Haven't heard of that issue. I'll take a look at that this weekend.

Put a magnet up against the button that releases the mag.
If the magnet sticks your mechanism is metal. If it doesn't it's obviously plastic or soft composite.

Take mag out and look up receiver with light for signs of repetitive wear.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
M-14 SOCOM, Springfield XDS 45, and an AR-15 in the background that I cant make out a brand name on. Did I miss anything?
There's a Sig sauer MPX not pictured we all had shotguns there because we shot some clays and everyone had hand guns but I'm not sure what.

Shooting with a bunch of ex military can be intimidating at times but these are safe as it comes when guns are around. They can teach my kids any day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Im saving my pennies to put a premium-quality optic on my S&W MP15. Not interested in anything made in China. In my price range would be the Aimpoint PRO or the Eotech 512. Opinions?