Non rehire status

Get me a steward

So im a preloader who has gotten two of my friends to join me at ups after telling them the opportunies it presents. My good friend got hired back around september and worked as an unloader through peak. After peak was over they laid him off right before his 90 day probation was over. I assumed he was just considered seasonal or whatever. Last week the hub openned up applications again but he was unable to reapply being a former employee. Is this normal? I always thought as long as you werent fired or quit you could reapply. Ive only been there a year so I dont know much about seasonal workers so any help would be appriciated. Thanks guys!

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

So im a preloader who has gotten two of my friends to join me at ups after telling them the opportunies it presents. My good friend got hired back around september and worked as an unloader through peak. After peak was over they laid him off right before his 90 day probation was over. I assumed he was just considered seasonal or whatever. Last week the hub openned up applications again but he was unable to reapply being a former employee. Is this normal? I always thought as long as you werent fired or quit you could reapply. Ive only been there a year so I dont know much about seasonal workers so any help would be appriciated. Thanks guys!

Sent using BrownCafe App
You said he was laid off, if that's the case he should still be employed. I don't know his hire date but that is a big factor as well. Usually anyone hired october1st or late is considered seasonal. How many days did he work within the 90 days? Usually if you work so many days in the probation period you are considered as attaining seniority. Not all contracts have the same language on this probation period.

fres431

Ups management sometimes puts people on the "black list" do not rehire list..if he was laid off before his probation period I would suggest getting union involved as long as he showed up to work and on time he should have grounds to stand on even though he didn't make probation..It's happened here in ca on a couple occasions

Sent using BrownCafe App

Get me a steward

They didnt use the term laid off. They told him and two others that they "didnt need them anymore"
The strange thing is... one of those guys was back the next week while the other two werent. As far as I can remember he had perfect attendance except maybe being a couple minutes late once, but never got a warning or anything

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sent using BrownCafe App
You got your friends jobs here and they still want to be friends?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sent using BrownCafe App

He must be a total nitwit

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

They didnt use the term laid off. They told him and two others that they "didnt need them anymore"
The strange thing is... one of those guys was back the next week while the other two werent. As far as I can remember he had perfect attendance except maybe being a couple minutes late once, but never got a warning or anything

Sent using BrownCafe App

Apparently he wasn't to good of a worker, couldn't mind his own business, or didn't get along with everyone. Either way they let him go and didn't / won't hire him back for a reason.

It's isn't strange that they hire some people back and not others that how things work in the real world.

Get me a steward

Apparently he wasn't to good of a worker, couldn't mind his own business, or didn't get along with everyone. Either way they let him go and didn't / won't hire him back for a reason.

It's isn't strange that they hire some people back and not others that how things work in the real world.

Yeah. I mean I dont feel sorry for him he obviously did something to piss of someone. Just wondering if maybe anyone knew anyone in the same position as him. Thanks for the enlightenment

Sent using BrownCafe App

fres431

All it takes is one tardy late during probation period and they have cause to fire or lay you off..typically 1st is a warning second one ya gone

Sent using BrownCafe App