Non-Union?

FedEx2000

Well Brown287 when people chime in who are obviously managers you then need to describe to them in detail what you do because apparently they belive you should only be paid for the delivery aspect of the business. Nevermind that their employees the loaders are sent home before load is done and now we are expected to finish the load... hmmmm free labor to FedEx. Maybe we should all just leave whats not loaded on the truck behind its not are job to load the truck.
Take into consideration the job basically as we all now is to empty the truck and fill it back up with pick ups but according to 2000 that dosent count on our hours. Yes I roll out the door around 8 am but I have been there since 630 going thru the load and finishing loading what is coming down the belt because they need to send preloaders home to save money. I work 12 everyday and get a 30 minute break sometimes not all the time. But apparently I should load my truck and do pickups and drive back and forth for free.
The reason we are not done at 6.5 hours is because we have the sales staff that has no problem telling a customer sure you can have a 5pm pickup after all they get paid for what we pick up but we dont we are now on our time. You think if FedEx cared they would check with the driver to see when he is in that zipcode instead of making our days longer with no extra pay. I have a idea if there are any Ups Guys who want some sales leads hit me up, Hey whatever I can do to get off at a decent time and feel like I might of made a buck.

Never said pickups don't count towards your hours, your post that I was referring to stated that you made your last stop at 14:30, no clarification as to whether that was a p/u or delivery. I was just wondering how that added up to 60+, which you answered...that's all, no offense was meant.

FedExer267

Never said pickups don't count towards your hours, your post that I was referring to stated that you made your last stop at 14:30, no clarification as to whether that was a p/u or delivery. I was just wondering how that added up to 60+, which you answered...that's all, no offense was meant.
No offense taken. I just was pointing out that our job is to deliver and pick up packages. We are not suppose to be finishing preload, I mean how many millions a year do you think FedEx saves by sending home their hourlys early everyday and expecting the driver to finish their job for free. My point is simple per My IC, I get paid for a 8 hour day. I get paid to deliver, lets say I come in and finish loading the truck and end up getting hurt is that on, me, on FedEx, or on my IC. Would I even get paid for that day because I never rolled from the building. I know there are good IC's out there however mine is not one of them and I can see him weasel his way out taken care of me because technically I was not doing the job which he pays me for, and I can see FedEx squirm their way out of it because I am not their employee but am expected to finish their employees work so they can save a buck. In the end it comes down to the minute you grab your scanner in the morning to the minute you turn it in at night which caculates into a 12 hour day. And all I am saying it sure would be nice to get paid what your worth so you can be a productive member of society and not a drain on taxpayers.