Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

novadriver

Friday i got sent out on in the blind on a new route im going to be covering from now on. I have late pickups, and got stuck doing resi's in the dark, with no mailboxes or curbs with numbers on them.. I didnt get back to building until 945pm. So today i bought a spotlight at homerdepot hoping i can shed some light on there addresses easier.. Anyone ever use a spotlight during the dark for deliverys?

novadriver

i bought this one... im anxious to try it out... anything that will lower the stress level is worth spending moneys on..

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Friday i got sent out on in the blind on a new route im going to be covering from now on. I have late pickups, and got stuck doing resi's in the dark, with no mailboxes or curbs with numbers on them.. I didnt get back to building until 945pm. So today i bought a spotlight at homerdepot hoping i can shed some light on there addresses easier.. Anyone ever use a spotlight during the dark for deliverys?
I use a cheap and powerful rechargeable LED spotlight from Home Depot every night during the winter months.

novadriver

I use a cheap and powerful rechargeable LED spotlight from Home Depot every night during the winter months.
yea. i was looking at the rechargeable ones but they were so big i didnt want all that bulk in my bag all day... ima try this one tonight and see if it works well. if it doesnt then ill return it.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
ive used those big ass spotlights in the past... you can jam em in your cup holder but sooner or later she's gunna fly out your door going around a corner.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I use a 310 lumen flashlight rated at 216 yards. Runs on 3 AAA. Fits right in coat pocket. Plenty of light for those dark nights

degill7994

Stanley makes a nice rechargeable led spot light. It's small enough to fit in cup holder in truck or jacket pocket. I charge mine in the car on the way home and on the way to work in the morning .

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
yea. i was looking at the rechargeable ones but they were so big i didnt want all that bulk in my bag all day... ima try this one tonight and see if it works well. if it doesnt then ill return it.
The one I have is ridiculously bright and small. It turns night to day. The light part of it fits in the larger side of the cup holder and the handle sticks forward so it doesn't flop around much. It was less than $20 at Home Depot but is probably discontinued now. I only have to charge it like once a week.

oldngray

nowhere special
These help you see where you are stepping
shoe2x600.jpg