Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

platinum9898

I use those huge maglight cop light put it ontop of the defrost vents never flew off...maybe once but i got it. Def. A life saver in unfamiliar territory

brown bomber

brown bomber
If you deliver in a rural area after nightfall, numbers are posted on the mailbox,..in most urban areas the numbers go up or down by a certain number per house,..it could be 6 or 8 or 12,..you just have to do the math,..if that's too difficult I find you at fault,..not your education or your management team,...if that's too difficult get a calculator and a high-beam light

I never worked w/ a driver or knew a driver that used "flash light ",..and I spent many a peak night and late nights delivering unfamiliar areas

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you deliver in a rural area after nightfall, numbers are posted on the mailbox,..in most urban areas the numbers go up or down by a certain number per house,..it could be 6 or 8 or 12,..you just have to do the math,..if that's too difficult I find you at fault,..not your education or your management team,...if that's too difficult get a calculator and a high-beam light

I never worked w/ a driver or knew a driver that used "flash light ",..and I spent many a peak night and late nights delivering unfamiliar areas
I used mine twice tonight, thats all.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
WE used to put pkgs in cars all the time...we used to....and put the license number in remarks column. Um I dont do that anymore. I guess you could on a route you know its their car. Its a different animal if you know the route and the people.
I leave packages in cars, in boats, in porta-potties, on the seats of tractors....anyplace I can find that is dry and safe from dogs and the weather.

oldngray

nowhere special
Isn't car still an option in the DR menu? Or was that taken out? Old methods was DR the car and enter the license number in remarks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's the difference between that and putting packages in someone's car? You are still trespassing.

I would still put pkgs in someone's car if that was the only safe option available. I would not, however, rummage through their glove box looking for paperwork to verify their address.

WE used to put pkgs in cars all the time...we used to....and put the license number in remarks column. Um I dont do that anymore. I guess you could on a route you know its their car. Its a different animal if you know the route and the people.

I will sheet the packages as DR Car and put the license plate number in the remarks column.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In areas with 911 addresses the numbers change by 2 every 50'.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you deliver in a rural area after nightfall, numbers are posted on the mailbox,..in most urban areas the numbers go up or down by a certain number per house,..it could be 6 or 8 or 12,..you just have to do the math,..if that's too difficult I find you at fault,..not your education or your management team,...if that's too difficult get a calculator and a high-beam light.

Do you also work in a BOG?

On my rural route, IF they have a number, it might be on a tree, a fence, a rock (hidden behind a foot of grass), on the house up a mile long driveway, or the mailbox.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's on the mailbox. BUT, it might be too small to see well at night, or the numbers might be faded, peeling, or missing one or two. OR they might be on the opposite side of the box. Hence the need for a flashlight.

Last edited: