Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Upstate is trying to get some of that so.....
images-4.jpeg

Good luck with that! :rofl:

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
These last comments are pretty funny, but kidding aside, unless this is already mentioned on this thread, if you have an older PC get the shop to install LED lighting on the inside. After a couple of write ups on the ODS, they actually did it! Really helped a lot in my last 2 years.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've been using a Sipik SK68 flashlight for the past few years and I've recommended them to my coworkers in the past. However, the market has been flooded lately with so many clones that actually getting a high quality one that will last is a crap shoot.
So, I started checking out the flashlight forums and ordered this one based on the reviews... They are in stock and I received mine in 2 days.
It's only $10, uses only one AA battery, and easily fits in a pocket. I keep my SK68 clipped to the shelf above the windshield of my pc and it looks like this one will clip on the same way. It arrived today and I did a comparison with one of my LED Mag-lites that uses 3 "D" batteries.
The beam on the left is from the big Mag-Lite and the beam on the right is from the little Coast flashlight. (pardon my messy garage)View attachment 19858 View attachment 19860 View attachment 19865
This little $10 Coast flashlight is every bit as good as my SK68 and a whole lot easier to carry than the big Mag-Lite and I highly recommend it for finding addresses at night. I'll be giving the one that arrived today to one of the newbie drivers in our center.
Just got it today. Tried it out. WOW. Lit up my neighbors back porch from about 800 yards I'm impressed.

Foamer Pyle

i bought this one... im anxious to try it out... anything that will lower the stress level is worth spending moneys on..
I have one like that, but have found that it doesn't hold a charge for too long, after many recharges. I didn't look to see if the one you posted was rechargeable.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Just got it today. Tried it out. WOW. Lit up my neighbors back porch from about 800 yards I'm impressed.
I'm glad you like it. Once I had a few small flashlights like that one, I sold most of my larger Mag-Lites. I have one in the pocket of nearly every jacket I own for when I walk my dog and such. You should try using rechargeable li-ion batteries in it. They nearly double the output.

xtelevisionset

I've had a Streamlight Stylus Pro in the past and loved it but it ended up lost. I'm a tcd and it just started getting dark so I got a Bushnell trkr T1000l but wanted a secondary small flashlight. I might get that one you suggested for only ten bucks.

I work out in a dark ass country town in Texas with no stop signs.

The t1000l is pretty bright at 1k lumens and has multi color function. Red light to preserve night vision and low output 6 lumen blue red mode that extends battery life to 150 hours and runs on Aa's.

zhaun

Oh yes get a rechargeable spotlight. Remember to leave the right door open cause when you shine it out the side window it comes back at ya. Gotta love being blinded by your own light.