Northern New England Pkg Drivers & Feeders...Mandated Lunches??

Do You Take A Full Lunch at the Correct Time Everyday?

• Yea

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Ney

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Putting out a litmus test on mandated lunches being crammed down our throats. Would love to hear any/all stories concerning lunches especially ones claiming disciplinary action including any panel stories if they exist. I am hearing rumors and am trying to differentiate between fact and fiction. No lunch taken for years here. Trying to keep it that way. Thanks in Advance.:-)

Have you talked to your Local ?

Looking at your supplement, it appears to be a requirement.

"(d) Except for meal time, working time for all employees shall start when they are instructed to report and do report at the Operating Center, Subcenter or Hub and shall continue until relieved from duty at same regardless of occupation. Employees shall be allowed time out for meals which shall be one (1) hour and shall not begin until the employee has worked four (4) hours except for inside employees whose lunch hour may begin after they have worked three and one-half (3 1/2) hours, but must begin before he/she has completed five (5) hours of work. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of his/her meal period shall be paid for the full meal period and shall be allowed and must take twenty (20) minutes to eat lunch and such time shall be considered as time worked. Any employee who is ordered to work during any part of meal period shall be guaranteed nine (9) hours’ pay for that day."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/07151478160nenglandcleanversion.pdf

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Side question: If U were not pressured to take a lunch would U?
I'm not pressured to take a lunch, most managers love working through a lunch. It means less routes. But let's say you started today with a wage of $30 per hour. Let's assume you stay at that same wage for 30 years (which we all know would be more). 30 years, $30 an hour at OT rate, 5 days a week, your handing UPS $350,000 in your career. Just for skipping your lunch. SO TAKE YOUR gosh darn LUNCH SCAB!

Gimme Danger

Besides, my state law says I'm entitled to 30 minutes break for an 8 hour day. And DOT says I must as well.
And why would anyone work for an hour for free???

By The Book

The only reason I can see not taking your lunch is if you bonus more time than you give up. I think the company and the union are scared to enforce the lunch languages for their own different reasons.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only reason I can see not taking your lunch is if you bonus more time than you give up. I think the company and the union are scared to enforce the lunch languages for their own different reasons.

I can see why the company would not be eager to enforce the language but why would the union be hesitant to do so?