Northern New England Pkg Drivers & Feeders...Mandated Lunches??

Do You Take A Full Lunch at the Correct Time Everyday?

• Yea

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Ney

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In local 177 it looks like our local union is trying to get us down to a 1/2 hour lunch come next contract. The local has wanted it for years now with this last lunch case that the union won it looks like it could happen.
Why would your local want a 30 min lunch.......I think your confused....ups desparatly wants to make it a 30 min lunch and I'm sure your e board is fighting against that

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
WL, Please elaborate on why I'm an hour behind as soon as I clock-in. Not sure I understand your thought process. Thanks
They are taking a lunch out of you wether you work it or not. If your under the New England supplement, the language is clear. You work 9 straight hours, your getting paid 8. by not taking your lunch you're doing a disservice to your other Teamster brothers. Keep track of your hours and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They are taking a lunch out of you wether you work it or not. If your under the New England supplement, the language is clear. You work 9 straight hours, your getting paid 8.
Really???

Not saying that this isn't so....but the "California Class Action" has no standing in New England?

Here, in the Central, if you don't code out for lunch you get paid for all time.

What is the applicable language in NE that makes this different?

wide load

image.png
Really???

Not saying that this isn't so....but the "California Class Action" has no standing in New England?

Here, in the Central, if you don't code out for lunch you get paid for all time.

What is the applicable language in NE that makes this different?

BrownArmy

They are taking a lunch out of you wether you work it or not. If your under the New England supplement, the language is clear. You work 9 straight hours, your getting paid 8. by not taking your lunch you're doing a disservice to your other Teamster brothers. Keep track of your hours and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is correct.

Not sure why people routinely run lunch, they're leaving money on the table.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The intent of Code 05 is to get off the clock as quickly as possible.

The intent of code 5 is to eliminate the company paying you your guaranteed hours.

If you have a light day, and want to get done early, you can request the use of code 5 and not worry about being sent back out. You can also take time for lunch if you choose.

UPFNS

Thanks Guys. Knew about hours worked just didn't realize is was called code 5.
WideLoad, you are wrong. Period. Nobody is adjusting my time card. I get paid for the hours I work whether I punch a lunch or not. I wish they tried to adjust my timecard then I would have their balls in a vice. I keep a extremely accurate record of my pay and if I was shorted even 1 minute I would chase it just on principle. As far as doing disservice to my brothers I feel like the drivers who run their lunch are doing the disservice. Finally to clarify what part of "Employees shall be allowed" do you interpret as a Employees are required? Just Curious.
BrownArmy, as I stated before I never run my lunch and I agree with U that those who do are definitely leaving money on the table.
Bubblehead, You are correct Sir!

wide load

Thanks Guys. Knew about hours worked just didn't realize is was called code 5.
WideLoad, you are wrong. Period. Nobody is adjusting my time card. I get paid for the hours I work whether I punch a lunch or not. I wish they tried to adjust my timecard then I would have their balls in a vice. I keep a extremely accurate record of my pay and if I was shorted even 1 minute I would chase it just on principle. As far as doing disservice to my brothers I feel like the drivers who run their lunch are doing the disservice. Finally to clarify what part of "Employees shall be allowed" do you interpret as a Employees are required? Just Curious.
BrownArmy, as I stated before I never run my lunch and I agree with U that those who do are definitely leaving money on the table.
Bubblehead, You are correct Sir!
Dude, write down your hours. Compare them with your paycheck. Soon you'll understand what we are talking about. You'll still be scratching your head wondering why you didn't get paid for 5 hours.

Nike

I think collge degrees should be required to work as drivers in this company as it's amazing how many fools we have working among us. In a hub with 300+ drivers where they all take lunch adds at least 30+ more routes.
In other topics people whine about the time it takes to become a driver or the lack of work as a temp or part time driver. Yet right here selfish drivers caring only about themselves play into the company's hands by working thru lunch. Rest assured you will be screwed hard if you get in trouble or in an accident while "working off the clock" during lunch.

UPFNS

WL, I don't want to get into a pissing match. I do write them down and you're wrong. Sorry.
Nike, I do have a college degree. I am not working off the clock. I understand the argument about creating routes and/or jobs (even though I have yet to see this theory proven) and I would plainly just prefer to have the option of not pulling over to the middle of the day for an hour. I would much rather have that time at the end of my day to spend with my family. If that makes me selfish so be it. Not sure about the comment of "playing into the company's hands", it is the company who is trying to make me take the lunch. Again, I Do Not Run My Lunch, I Leave No Money On The Table And I Inherit No Liability For Working Off The Clock. I Merely Do Not Take A Lunch Period. That's All.