Not a 'bonus' driver...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe this is a lost cause.. i thought for sure this was a serious offense doctoring the records arround to make the numbers look good. Seemed like a pretty obvious integrity case to me, but I guess not.

I am working as directed as I have been told both by my on-car and center manager that this is the method that they want us to use in these situations. Please don't ever question my integrity. You don't know me as a person nor do you know what kind of worker I am.

I have already conceded that the majority of posters do not agree with my center's use of this method, yet you see fit to question my integrity. However, I did say majority as there were other posters who said that they also use this method in their centers, so why haven't you questioned their integrity?

My use of CLO HOL to sheet pkgs for businesses that are known closures is not something that I came up with on my own. This is the way that I have told to sheet these stops. Is this concept so difficult for you to understand?

I am working as directed as I have been told both by my on-car and center manager that this is the method that they want us to use in these situations. Please don't ever question my integrity.
WHOA big fella!! I read that as Leddy thinking your center manager was misdirecting you to help his numbers, not that you personally were being dishonest. If that is indeed what Leddy meant, I agree.

john346

No more Brown!
I would have done the same as Leddy. Clo 1, Clo2, Clo3 and then it goes to the clerk to be postcarded. Would not have been a problem here.
As far as other/other non del. Big no no. And clo H is to be used only on a holiday. I do get to use cloH on other occasions than our standard holidays. We have an indian tribe here and they have other holidays. When their offices are closed for one of their holidays I will sheet it as cloH.

Good point, and I'm on board with Upstate here too. Perhaps it's the perspective thing that is the problem. I use CLO-H for numerous business stops that have "National Fitsimons Day" off, (alternate Mondays, occasional Fridays, most regular Thursdays, and any other day they can free their books & not show for work), in my perspective, thats a holiday to THEM, plus my center dosen't much care as long as the phone dosen't ring with someone on the other end bitching. But if your center only feels that the holiday key is strictly for national holidays, then use the CLO-1-2-3. Either way he's doing his job as directed, and getting paid for it. Because this business was closed during their regular posted hours isn't his fault, and technically he made two attempts per day, as far as bonus goes, I try to run scratch and get every nickle of O-T that I can. Our bosses wear clean un salted, free of dust suits. They look good enough, they certainly don't need me and any bonus I run to make them look any better. When I have been forced in the corner & run a bunch, I've never heard anyone comment on how much better they looked yesterday.
Know this didn't solve a thing, and the battle wil most likely continue, but there's my 2 cents worth, who collects that?
:peaceful:

A lot of drivers like to do things like this to get done a little earlier. As long as they are paid under, boss will not say a word.

I only do it occasionally on the regular Friday closures so I don't have to leave a notice over the weekend. But I always knock on the door to see if someone is there. Sometimes a dentist or a secretary may be there doing paperwork.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a problem with preload loading known clo. At pcm's we constantly get harrangued about known clo. The way I look at it is, if preload would do their job, if the preload sup would do their job then I wouldn't have known clo. in my truck. I have given lists and lists of known clo to no avail. If I had a bidded rte I would, on a daily basis, be on the preloads :censored2: to not load known clo. For the time being I sheet clo1, and don't bother with leaving an info notice. On the service cross I put clo (whatever day it is).

We have a problem with preload loading known clo. At pcm's we constantly get harrangued about known clo. The way I look at it is, if preload would do their job, if the preload sup would do their job then I wouldn't have known clo. in my truck. I have given lists and lists of known clo to no avail. If I had a bidded rte I would, on a daily basis, be on the preloads :censored2: to not load known clo. For the time being I sheet clo1, and don't bother with leaving an info notice. On the service cross I put clo (whatever day it is).

Since when is it the preloads job to pull off closures. I've only heard of doing that for bulk stops or during a govt. holiday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Preload loads the trucks why would they load a known clo. Let me step back here. I have not ever worked out of a large ctr/hub. I am in a small ctr (17 rtes) where it is practice that preload does not load known clo.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Preload loads the trucks why would they load a known clo. Let me step back here. I have not ever worked out of a large ctr/hub. I am in a small ctr (17 rtes) where it is practice that preload does not load known clo.

In light or darkness...lol anyway...The driver knows the business is closed on certain days but the loader does not. If the loader has been loading for years or a while..and a driver has had that discussion with the loader. The loader will usually save the driver some time of having to find it and pull it off.

On the other hand...with a newer loader or a sub-loader.
if the known closure was never passed along to dispatch that package will continue to come through the system as open, scanned in and loaded.

That is my experience. There are loaders who know what stops are closed when...and they will do that favor to the driver.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In light or darkness...lol anyway...The driver knows the business is closed on certain days but the loader does not. If the loader has been loading for years or a while..and a driver has had that discussion with the loader. The loader will usually save the driver some time of having to find it and pull it off.

On the other hand...with a newer loader or a sub-loader.
if the known closure was never passed along to dispatch that package will continue to come through the system as open, scanned in and loaded.

That is my experience. There are loaders who know what stops are closed when...and they will do that favor to the driver.
You are right, a new loader would not know what the known clo are. We keep lists posted next to load chart for known clo. We are pcm'd about leaving lists of known clo. for preload. To the best of my knowledge it is the responsibility of preload to NOT load known clo. We are also ragged at about our a.m. time. I don't have time to go through my truck in the morning to pull known clo. It makes sense to me for preload to do this.
I preloaded, and it did not take me long to learn what businesses were closed what days. All I had to do was listen to my drivers and learn. It is not a difficult thing to do, if you give a damn.

Pas/EDD can be told of reoccurring known Clo stops but it has to be programed in. Anytime there is an upgrade to the system they all have to be put in again. When done this way, known clo never make it to the loader.
I'm happy when the loader can remember his name.

Coming from slightly bigger centers, a known closure must be loaded. You never know when someone might be in the office. Say it's a birthday present for little Timmy. The secretary may come in that day and wait for it while they do some paperwork. Nobody is closed until you knock on the door and nobody answers.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Coming from slightly bigger centers, a known closure must be loaded. You never know when someone might be in the office. Say it's a birthday present for little Timmy. The secretary may come in that day and wait for it while they do some paperwork. Nobody is closed until you knock on the door and nobody answers.

Our sups tell preload not to load known clo.

I had a customer the other day that was pissed off because his ground pkg wasn't delivered last fri. He said they paid to have it del on fri. First of all, I was not aware there were any committed ground deliveries. Ground gets there when it gets there. Premium services have del. commits. Secondly, why wait until the last second to order Timmy's B-day present?

I don't want 10 cases of paper in my truck for a business that's known clo. just on the off-hand chance they might be open. If they are known clo I don't go there, unless preload loads it and I have to.

I need to qualify the last statement I made. I do one rte regularly and know it very well. Well enough to know where my business customers live. If I have a known clo and know where the customer lives I will del to the customer. I do what I can to not have send agains.

Our sups tell preload not to load known clo.

I had a customer the other day that was pissed off because his ground pkg wasn't delivered last fri. He said they paid to have it del on fri. First of all, I was not aware there were any committed ground deliveries. Ground gets there when it gets there. Premium services have del. commits. Secondly, why wait until the last second to order Timmy's B-day present?

I don't want 10 cases of paper in my truck for a business that's known clo. just on the off-hand chance they might be open. If they are known clo I don't go there, unless preload loads it and I have to.

I need to qualify the last statement I made. I do one rte regularly and know it very well. Well enough to know where my business customers live. If I have a known clo and know where the customer lives I will del to the customer. I do what I can to not have send agains.

Ground pkgs have had a commit delivery day for years just not a commit time. If people didn't wait until the last minute to order stuff UPS would vertually have no air deliveries.

I would rather have 10 boxes of paper to a closed business than an open one. If they are closed I don't have to touch the boxes.

If you know where many business owners live, on the days they are closed, why not leave them on the car and indirect them to their house on trace?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would rather have 10 boxes of paper to a closed business than an open one. If they are closed I don't have to touch the boxes.

If you know where many business owners live, on the days they are closed, why not leave them on the car and indirect them to their house on trace?

I have to unload 10 boxes at the end of the day, so one way or the other I have to move them.

If I am on that rte it's not a problem. If I am on a rte that I don't know then I don't want known clo.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Pas/EDD can be told of reoccurring known Clo stops but it has to be programed in. Anytime there is an upgrade to the system they all have to be put in again. When done this way, known clo never make it to the loader.
I'm happy when the loader can remember his name.

This is the truth...however for some reason in our building...even after PAS/EDD are told...it never sticks!

BigBrownSanta

Ground pkgs have had a commit delivery day for years just not a commit time. If people didn't wait until the last minute to order stuff UPS would vertually have no air deliveries.

I think if you indirected 10 boxes of paper to the owner's house, you'd definately be on their list, and I don't mean their Christmas list either. LOL.