Not able to call in!!!

bumped

The conversation stops once you say, "I don't feel I can be safe driving the truck." I'm guessing its an insurance thing, but the few times I've used it management says OK and hope to see you tomorrow.

top dollar

Thanks for all the posts. I did learn my lesson, my jaw is still to swollen to fix the tooth, and I got my explanation of benefits now I owe the ER 700 dollars. This have been a very expensive lesson!!! And I did inform my management team if I call in there will be no talking me in to coming in anyway!

trouble maker

Just a little upset about my situation. I cracked my tooth last Thursday and I tried to call in on Friday as usual my center team said no cant cover you. So I worked all day hopped up on pain meds ( and they scream safety) get in Friday evening and my face is swollen and I make sure a sup sees it. Well I wake up at 3am to the biggest swollen face ever. I wait to see my dentist and she tells me I have to go to the ER. To get I V antibiotics. All this just because my center manager will not let us call in ever, she thinks UPS is all there is in the world. I have been on here bad side and finally have been left alone so I don't want to be back on that side so I just worked. But as of now I have been off two days thinking I should just take the whole week to prove a point!!!
The next time you call out and they tell you they have no coverage, ask them what would they do if you were dead. Somebody would have to cover it.

mgdjade

i am not saying this is right for everyone but have your spouse call in for you. Thats what me and my coworkers do because we got sick of them giving us a hard time. lmfao

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
And if your spouse won't do your dirty work, call mommy.
Or thier own kids. These people act as though they're in grade school You guys are grown adults and can't handle a simple phone call stating you won't be there. My guess is half these people that have issues calling out are the same ones making deals to go home while thier routes are cut or are swing drivers.

Its amazing when management has no leverage on you how stress free this job can be. Making deals with management compromises you're integrity and ability to quote contract rights because they let you break them when it's good for them and you. Me-sters sell out thier rights for days off and deserve to get yelled at. Maybe when they get tired of getting brow beaten after going home for 3 days, then try and call out on the 4th, they'll stop making deals and demand to work.