Not all Corp's are created equal!

M I Indy

No you dont. It's obvious that your contributions to this site are limited to "rah rah" MrFedEx and X bashing. Anything of any substance is beyond you.

Pot calling the kettle.....what are your contributions, and substance? I know "we'll see".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No you dont. It's obvious that your contributions to this site are limited to "rah rah" MrFedEx and X bashing. Anything of any substance is beyond you.
Must have got your feelings hurt or something. Heh!

What I say on here is better than your constant bragging about Ground being the only profitable opco (which is BS anyway) all the time while you bash Ground's HQ in Pittsburgh. And your Fred fanboy patter gets old too.

bbsam

Staff member
Must have got your feelings hurt or something. Heh!

What I say on here is better than your constant bragging about Ground being the only profitable opco (which is BS anyway) all the time while you bash Ground's HQ in Pittsburgh. And your Fred fanboy patter gets old too.
Nice to see you dropping your MFE rah-rah for some 3rd grade blah-blah.

TeamLift

And why would they if they don't have to?

The company he is talking about didn't have to either, but they are a great company not a bottom feeder company like X. With your logic every company in America should be like FedEx, cause they can be. We can all be on Democratic enticing welfare if we want to be, some of us choose to be more, and so do some companies. His story reminded me of a driver who is leaving this week at our hub, he got a job at a company that pays your retirement and not in a 401 k either, the guy who got him the job has been there for 7 years and they have already put over 40 grand in his retirement account. Some companies know how to make big bucks and pay their employees big time, then there's X. Look at UPS, they own the trucks, do the maintenance, pay big time pay to drivers and still kick FedEx's ass on profit every year. How, they still own about 70 percent of the package business nation wide. Although X supervisors like to brag that X makes about 8.00 gross profit per package and UPS only makes around 2, when you have that much of the pie to begin with, you still rule. The old philosophy of giving the money to the people who actually do the work has fallen by the wayside for most companies, I applaud UPS for what they do, and the company this guy is talking about too.

TeamLift

Not a lot.

You need to take some business courses and figure out what true cost is when it comes to employees.

Lets see, 600.00 per week, 31200.00 per year plus workmans comp, one lousy week of vacation, no paid holidays, 1000 dollar truck to drive, that should pretty much sum it up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone with enough money can start a business and supervise...

Yeah! Maybe Upstate should get himself a Mary Kay franchise or start an Amway pyramid. That's free enterprise and boot strapping. OR, he could cash-out his 401k and become a Ground operative for Der Fuhrer.

dezguy

Yeah! Maybe Upstate should get himself a Mary Kay franchise or start an Amway pyramid. That's free enterprise and boot strapping. OR, he could cash-out his 401k and become a Ground operative for Der Fuhrer.
Nah, he'd rather bash the union which allows him to live the life he has. Being a hypocrite is easier than running a business, apparently.

bbsam

Staff member
The company he is talking about didn't have to either, but they are a great company not a bottom feeder company like X. With your logic every company in America should be like FedEx, cause they can be. We can all be on Democratic enticing welfare if we want to be, some of us choose to be more, and so do some companies. His story reminded me of a driver who is leaving this week at our hub, he got a job at a company that pays your retirement and not in a 401 k either, the guy who got him the job has been there for 7 years and they have already put over 40 grand in his retirement account. Some companies know how to make big bucks and pay their employees big time, then there's X. Look at UPS, they own the trucks, do the maintenance, pay big time pay to drivers and still kick FedEx's ass on profit every year. How, they still own about 70 percent of the package business nation wide. Although X supervisors like to brag that X makes about 8.00 gross profit per package and UPS only makes around 2, when you have that much of the pie to begin with, you still rule. The old philosophy of giving the money to the people who actually do the work has fallen by the wayside for most companies, I applaud UPS for what they do, and the company this guy is talking about too.
Hold that thought for about 10 years.

FedEx has no intention of ever paying UPS money and in time, UPS will follow X toward lower wages. I'm glad you "applaud UPS...why are you at X again?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it seems like every business works on a bell curve. I have read dozens of stories of companies that start with nothing, have a bunch of glory days, and then the bean counters take over and ruin everything till there is a slow decline.

FedEx started out great guns, employees were happy , and now look.

UPS was the same way. I got in at the end of the good ol days 25 years ago. Its hard to believe the old timer stories but I know they are true.

sure the benefits and pay are great but the price we pay for that really can not be measured.

I would have taken less in order to be happier and work for good people.

TeamLift

Hold that thought for about 10 years.

FedEx has no intention of ever paying UPS money and in time, UPS will follow X toward lower wages. I'm glad you "applaud UPS...why are you at X again?

A more accurate statement would be FedEx cannot pay UPS wages, they would go out of business, UPS wages will always be double what we make, some UPS drivers make as much as some contractors, sure the contractor may gross 600000, but after all bills are paid he may not even have 100000 left for himself, UPS drivers can make that with overtime, when I applied I had come off the road from driving coast to coast, and didn't even know what company I was applying at, they were using a temp agency at the time, but if I was young and just starting out, UPS would get my handshake, FedEx would get my finger.