Not being called to drive

Hi I was called a few months ago to cover drive, and ended up quitting for personal reasons. I just found out my co-worker with less seniority than me was called for full time yesterday even though HR told him they would call me first... How is this possible?

PT Car Washer

Sounds like you may have DQ yourself. If that is how UPS is interpreting the situation you go to the back of the line. You need to talk to your BA quickly before it becomes a done deal.

PT Car Washer

Call your business agent. It seems the flavor of the month recently is this site is your business agent. It's not.
I think he was just asking the opinion of some of the old bulls. With all the FT new hires there is going to be some mess-ups. Talk to your BA. That is what they are paid for.

Fedex Guy

Hi I was called a few months ago to cover drive, and ended up quitting for personal reasons. I just found out my co-worker with less seniority than me was called for full time yesterday even though HR told him they would call me first... How is this possible?

You answered your own question when you said you quit. Why would they call and offer you work when you quit?.....smh

Johney

Aren't they supposed to put up a bid sheet when offering a FT driver position? Did you not sign it but the other person did? You can have 10 years more seniority then the other person but if you didn't sign the bid you are SOL.

If you quit cover driving don't you have to wait at least a year before you can go back?
It depends. If you took a full time bid and disqualify yourself in your thirty days you have to wait a year. If you are a single day vacation coverage driver and you decide you don't want to do it anymore you are fine. If you are a single day vacation coverage driver and get in an accident this disqualifies you for a year.

PT Car Washer

Aren't they supposed to put up a bid sheet when offering a FT driver position? Did you not sign it but the other person did? You can have 10 years more seniority then the other person but if you didn't sign the bid you are SOL.
Used to do it that way. Now my building works off of a FT driver intent sheet. I liked the bid sheets a lot better as everything was out in the open.