Not even a week into the New Year and.....

I love that one...as most of us do, we all wear good, insulated boots. Some are straight leather and polishable others like mine are Merril, Keen, Sorrell that are not 100% leather and not very polishable. Told him I could throw polish on a turd doesnt mean it will shine. Didn't hear much about after that.
My performance sucks too.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Plugging them in only protects the engine block.
Idling them keeps the fuel from gelling.
My center routinely sees -20 and below. We've never idled a truck over night in the time I've been there. Plug it in and they start every morning.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Plugging them in only protects the engine block.

Idling them keeps the fuel from gelling.

Plugging them in while hot will help maintain some heat which aids in starting. Gas or diesel, a proper coolant will not freeze and the blocks will be fine regardless.

Idling has no effect on fuel gelling which will take place outside the engine. Even then in cold enough temps fuel will gell unless an additive is mixed in.

PT Car Washer

My center routinely sees -20 and below. We've never idled a truck over night in the time I've been there. Plug it in and they start every morning.
We do plug the tractors in. Talking package cars. A lot of them are loaded outside on the spurs or whatever you want to call them. Can't park them until the midnight sort is down and trailers are pulled. Only a brief window to park before preload starts. In the meantime package cars are sitting out among the trailers running all night. We have been having below zero temps all this week.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So far this yr. New division manager and another center manager(has to be my 10th by now) They are gone. Yet I'm still here. The mentioned idle time and backs this week. We have decent on cars. I foresee no big hassles

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Flavor of the week is backing and idle time was mentioned this morning in the PCM. My shop steward stepped in and mentioned its time to start filing over 9/5s again.

I declare Peak Season is finally over after today. I'm the first to get a Helper every year and we were down to three today. I told mine to hand in his uniform when I drop his paycheck off tomorrow.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This week its slips and falls , injury prevention, backing, handrail usage, and whatever else they decide is an issue when the center manager wakes up on the wrong side of the empty bed.