Not Good!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you not see an object 10 feet wide by 12 feet tall directly in front of you?

Probably by expecting that 10'x12' object to be in the road where it is supposed to be. Much the same as I almost got run over by someone riding their bicycle on the sidewalk as I was walking out of an office building. Sidewalks are for people--not trailers or bikes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Probably by expecting that 10'x12' object to be in the road where it is supposed to be. Much the same as I almost got run over by someone riding their bicycle on the sidewalk as I was walking out of an office building. Sidewalks are for people--not trailers or bikes.

Looks to me like 90% of the trailer was on the road, as was the scooter. Just the trailer right side tires were on the curb. The scooter driver basically drove into the back of a vehicle parked on the road. Unfortunate but basically inattentive driving.

BrownArmy

If the scooter driver was a UPS package-scooter driver, you have to bet he/she would have been charged with an avoidable accident.

Just sayin'...

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Scooter driver was texting while riding with no hands. He had his feet propped up on the handlebars to steer with, and pulled the throttle with a string tied to his tongue. And UPS will still have to pay to make the lawsuit "go away".