Not in 1-----cow?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a stop for this customer yesterday. There were 8 head of cattle staring me down in the driveway on the other side of the cattle guard. They didnt look like they wanted to move and I am not a cowboy. I couldnt find "cattle" among the "other non delivery" options in the DIAD menu. If they were sheep I might have tried to fight my way thru, but 4 tons of beef on the hoof is more than I felt like tangling with.:happy-very: cattle.jpg
cattle.jpg

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Usually you can just save your Stetson and say "hey", but not sure if it works with the brown baseball cap. I bet trplnkl knows!

Johney

Did you think of bagging the package and tieing it to the back side of the gate?
I would have done that. Looks good by the pics,but Sober knows the delivery better than us. Don't need any more paid send agains than need be right?
Just curious Sober how far up that driveway is the house? I don't think I've ever seen a delivery that looked even close to that.:funny:

DS

Fenderbender
I don't see a problem...rev diesel engine honk the horn like crazy:biting:
now elk are a different story or mooses

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OMG! That's to funny Sober. I had the same problem yesterday with about 8 or 10 head. Fortunately my PC is bigger than the cows and all I had to do was blown the horn and holler at them. They moooved out of the driveway. The funniest thing was that the customers driveway looked like a cow path instead of a driveway. The customer said he had to chase out a 100 head earlier that morning. You couldn't even tell there was a road there.

You would have been fine if they were all heifers. The problem is the bulls. Never know how they're gonna react.

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Had a stop for this customer yesterday. There were 8 head of cattle staring me down in the driveway on the other side of the cattle guard. They didnt look like they wanted to move and I am not a cowboy. I couldnt find "cattle" among the "other non delivery" options in the DIAD menu. If they were sheep I might have tried to fight my way thru, but 4 tons of beef on the hoof is more than I felt like tangling with.:happy-very:View attachment 5363
Sorry, I have to laugh about fighting your way thru the 4 tons of beef.
Weekly, I have to drive thru hundreds of head of cattle.
Cows are a stupid animal, just drive slow.
They will stand in the road looking at you coming then bolt, or saunter away, when you get about 5 feet from them.
The herd will part.
Never honk your horn at cattle. It will "call" the cows to your pkg car.
Ranchers honk their horns when they are spreading feed to call the herd.
If you are out side of your pkg car and are confronted by a belligerent cow. just punch them in the nose.
No joke.
It will stop them cold in their tracks.-(been there done that)-
Cows and horses have only one vulnerable spot and that is the nose.
Think of all the cartoons that shows a Bull with a ring in his nose.
Literally, you can walk a bull, by the nose, with one hand.
This is where the expression, "Lead by the nose", comes from.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have done that. Looks good by the pics,but Sober knows the delivery better than us. Don't need any more paid send agains than need be right?
Just curious Sober how far up that driveway is the house? I don't think I've ever seen a delivery that looked even close to that.:funny:

The driveway is about 3/4 of a mile long and due to low-hanging branches there isnt anywhere to turn a package car around once you get up there. In the summer you can just do a U-turn out in the pasture but in the winter you will get stuck in the mud or snow if you try. So the customer has a large wooden box about 50 feet past the cattle guard for us to DR his packages into.... but I wasnt willing to walk thru the herd to get to the box. And it was too big to fit in a bag.

klein

Für Meno :)
I had a road closure, (paving), on my route, and marked it in my diad as "other" then road closure.
Sure, enough, next morning got called in the office, that I was told NEVER to use the option "other" , which I sort of knew, but had no other choice, because road -closure comes after "other" !

Anyways, got told to mark it down as "no such number" ( That's UPS sense at 1 of it's best) !

Johney

The driveway is about 3/4 of a mile long and due to low-hanging branches there isnt anywhere to turn a package car around once you get up there. In the summer you can just do a U-turn out in the pasture but in the winter you will get stuck in the mud or snow if you try. So the customer has a large wooden box about 50 feet past the cattle guard for us to DR his packages into.... but I wasnt willing to walk thru the herd to get to the box. And it was too big to fit in a bag.
I would imagine in the old days of time studying you would walk that delivery out right past that wooden box:funny:

satellitedriver

I had a road closure, (paving), on my route, and marked it in my diad as "other" then road closure.
Sure, enough, next morning got called in the office, that I was told NEVER to use the option "other" , which I sort of knew, but had no other choice, because road -closure comes after "other" !

Anyways, got told to mark it down as "no such number" ( That's UPS sense at 1 of it's best) !
Is "sort of" a Canadian term?
One knows what to do, or one does not.