Not Looking Forward To Helpers

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Good idea. I will work on that right after I finish my "Fun with Flags" podcast.
2014-11-27-14-27-45-964409145.jpeg
Crosswalk flags??

box_beeyotch

I don't get helpers very often. But I did pick one up last year.. helper coordinator told me it was her first day out and they wanted to get her some experience. The route I was covering is about 50/50 commercial and resi so I worked on DIAD skills and she caught on quickly. Turned into one of best helpers I have ever had. The regular driver came back to the route next day and the helper worked with him the rest of peak.

She now works on preload and is a utility driver and will be on road this peak.

Oh and we live together now. Never know what a day at UPS will hold in store for you when your a cover driver! :)

Ain't that the truth, sure does keep things interesting.

Atlantic Canadian Walker

Atlantic Canadian Walker
I love being a Walker/Helper. My teammate/driver and I are original hires in our ctr. only 30+ months old. Today happens to be the last day worked on regular pay. Premium rate starts tomorrow. whoohoot!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
True but it rarely makes up the time lost from picking up/dropping off the helper. And IE has unrealistic expectations with a helper on board. I could care less what they think but their "thinking" is what gets me more work than I should have on my truck. Minus a heavy residential route and minimal time lost from picking up and dropping off a helper the only real and consistent benefit of a helper is not having to get out of the truck as much as I would otherwise. Once I have the load doctored up and sorted I usually deliver anything on the left side of the truck if the package(s) can be hand to me by the helper over the seat. And if we can get multiple deliveries at the same time I definitely do that. But otherwise I'm either sorting the load or soaking up the heat.

Besides that the degenerates irritate the hell out of me. That is my biggest beef with having to use a helper.

I make sure there are no deliveries on the left side. If there are. 5 would be a lot for my day. In my 26 plus yrs. Only had 1 helper removed.