Not looking forward to tomorrow

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, tomorrow's going to suck. Run a few errands in the morning, lunch at Applebee's, maybe a movie in the afternoon. May have to shovel a bit of snow in the evening.

Oh, you were talking about work? Yeah, tomorrow's going to suck.:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Yeah, tomorrow's going to suck. Run a few errands in the morning, lunch at Applebee's, maybe a movie in the afternoon. May have to shovel a bit of snow in the evening.

And are you on vacation? Day off maybe?

ideliver2u67

20 Down
Yea, cutting routes everywhere. But, my boss told me thursday he has enough extras he was giving the guys off that bailed him out this peak. And asked if I wanted off? Kind of a no brainer, with all the crazy plans they are doing.

hey,don`t forget drinking. you said you were buying.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have very little volume to deliver, but need to put out a full number of pickup routes. A lot of junior employees have been given a late (noon or 1:00) start time, and have been told that if they want their 8 hrs they will have to work in the hub.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I forgot to schedule a personal for this day so I have to call in at 7am to see what crap they want me to deliver. Usually it's y route and the guys next to me.

UPSGUY72

I believe our building is having 19 drivers working with some drivers coming in the afternoon just to do pickups. I looks like it might be a hour worked day like thurdays was lst week and this week will be.

I'm going to have to call in the morning to comfirm the start time I know I was on the list to work so I really didn't read it I was assuming it was 8:55 but now I'm thinking it might be 8:15.

iruhnman630

I expect to run a rural route all week, and possibly more if his back doesn't heal, unless a higher seniority driver wants it.

Monday could be a 250 mile+ day.

ouch.

AKCoverMan

I am sure all the peak spits will be gone but so will the peak seaon temps. Still I expect to start the day on the bench. But I bet enough of the drivers who hold bid routes will want the day off that I will be able to work.

Still, after 4 days over 12 hours in a row last week it would not be very hard to go home with a layoff day.