not looking good for express..

55+

If Romney and all his cronies want to keep their money in offshore accounts then he should live and run for president over there..if he made his money in america..he should reinvest it in america

bbsam

Staff member
You are acting beyond ridiculous. I'm not defending Romney on this issue, I'm pointing out that the company was slated to die even sooner had Bain not purchased it. You act like they killed a thriving business and screwed a bunch of people who would have been even worse off without the purchase.

Send me your name and address so that I can verify that you aren't a child molester. Otherwise, you're a child molester. If you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem.

See how that works?

I think most people have a problem with the way Bain does it. Sure, the company was going down...until Bain showed up. Then banks couldn't wait to loan to the struggling company. Credit everywhere. But it didn't matter to Bain if the company survived or not. With the company loaded with debt, Bain could write themselves huge bonuses and walk away when failure happened. But hey, that was the past. The current problem is that Romney and company don't see a problem with that. Where the hell is the opportunity and fairness for people to make it in the world with those business practices?

thedownhillEXPRESS

You are acting beyond ridiculous. I'm not defending Romney on this issue, I'm pointing out that the company was slated to die even sooner had Bain not purchased it. You act like they killed a thriving business and screwed a bunch of people who would have been even worse off without the purchase.

Send me your name and address so that I can verify that you aren't a child molester. Otherwise, you're a child molester. If you have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be a problem.

See how that works?[/QUOT ]

MFE is a private citizen.
Romney is not, he has put himself in the public arena by running for president, big difference there dano don't ya think?

TUT

See how that works?

Welp to me it's what goes around comes around. The other side sure beat the dead-horse known as the Obama Birth Certificate into oblivion. Now they get to taste the other side, serves them or anyone right. Face it Repubs are all about Corporate Welfare and Corporates making the rules not gov't.

vantexan

I think most people have a problem with the way Bain does it. Sure, the company was going down...until Bain showed up. Then banks couldn't wait to loan to the struggling company. Credit everywhere. But it didn't matter to Bain if the company survived or not. With the company loaded with debt, Bain could write themselves huge bonuses and walk away when failure happened. But hey, that was the past. The current problem is that Romney and company don't see a problem with that. Where the hell is the opportunity and fairness for people to make it in the world with those business practices?

Why aren't y'all talking about all the business Bain created, like Staples? They're an investment firm. When it works out they score big. But they put money at risk over and over. That's the point, Romney knows what works and what doesn't. Right now we need someone who knows how to slash and burn because our debt is too big. And come on, there are more Democrat millionaires in Congress than Republican millionaires, and if you think for a moment they don't have money invested and stashed overseas you are naive. The reason all of this is being hammered on is Obama doesn't have a record to run on so they are grasping at straws. I realize on this forum rich people are evil incarnate but poor people won't supply you with a job. We need a president who understands capital markets in order to have a thriving economy that will ultimately pay for the social programs we all use.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why aren't y'all talking about all the business Bain created, like Staples? They're an investment firm. When it works out they score big. But they put money at risk over and over. That's the point, Romney knows what works and what doesn't. Right now we need someone who knows how to slash and burn because our debt is too big. And come on, there are more Democrat millionaires in Congress than Republican millionaires, and if you think for a moment they don't have money invested and stashed overseas you are naive. The reason all of this is being hammered on is Obama doesn't have a record to run on so they are grasping at straws. I realize on this forum rich people are evil incarnate but poor people won't supply you with a job. We need a president who understands capital markets in order to have a thriving economy that will ultimately pay for the social programs we all use.

What does Staples pay? $10 per hour? We need living wage jobs, not exactly what Romney envisions or his MO when it comes to "re-inventing" companies. What Fred is doing right now is straight from the Romney playbook. De-content the job, pay less, and create greater profits for the (crappy jobs) "job creators".

Romney knows what works for the 1%, not the rest of us. This dude is so far removed from reality he might as well be from another planet (Kolob).

As usual, we'll agree to disagree.

vantexan

Welp to me it's what goes around comes around. The other side sure beat the dead-horse known as the Obama Birth Certificate into oblivion. Now they get to taste the other side, serves them or anyone right. Face it Repubs are all about Corporate Welfare and Corporates making the rules not gov't.

I guess you forgot about 8 years of Bush bashing? I don't recall Romney or major Republican leadership talking about birth certificates. But Obama and his admin sure are attacking Romney personally. If we stick to real issues I think Obama is in trouble. And thank goodness. He was dealt a tough hand for sure. But his policies have exacerbated the problem and given us trillion dollar deficits. We are in trouble, and simply can't afford 4 more years of the same. If you can't see that then you are blinded by partisanship. Are you an American patriot first, or a Democrat?

vantexan

What does Staples pay? $10 per hour? We need living wage jobs, not exactly what Romney envisions or his MO when it comes to "re-inventing" companies. What Fred is doing right now is straight from the Romney playbook. De-content the job, pay less, and create greater profits for the (crappy jobs) "job creators".

Romney knows what works for the 1%, not the rest of us. This dude is so far removed from reality he might as well be from another planet (Kolob).

As usual, we'll agree to disagree.

And is Obama delivering living wage jobs? Here's today's harsh reality: if you aren't willing to start your own business, work 100 hrs a week to grow it, or get an education in something that pays well, or work in a risky environment like an oilfield, then you have to take what's being offered. Might not like it, really pisses me off when lied to, but that's life and there are literally billions of people who would love to be in your shoes. Staples doesn't owe you a good living, and you aren't forced to work there if they don't pay what you want. But if you don't have marketable skills, you might want to consider taking that Staples job, and another job on the side. It's not the lifestyle we see on tv, but if you have bills and kids it's what you do.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I guess you forgot about 8 years of Bush bashing? I don't recall Romney or major Republican leadership talking about birth certificates. But Obama and his admin sure are attacking Romney personally. If we stick to real issues I think Obama is in trouble. And thank goodness. He was dealt a tough hand for sure. But his policies have exacerbated the problem and given us trillion dollar deficits. We are in trouble, and simply can't afford 4 more years of the same. If you can't see that then you are blinded by partisanship. Are you an American patriot first, or a Democrat?

I'm an American patriot DEMOCRAT.
Republicans are the ones selling this country out to the highest anonymous bidders of the world, hardly patriotic.
as for the election, aside from a disaster, the polls clearly show Romney has only the slimmest of chances.

thedownhillEXPRESS

And don't forget the 3000 Americans killed on our own soil under the last republican president, two economic collapses and two tremendously costly wars topped off with a few trillion in tax cuts to the wealthy (like Fred), I'm still waiting for Fred to trickle something down.
if there is one thing Obama disappointed me with,it's he has NOT raised taxes on the wealthy.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Time will tell.

True, November is a long time away.
the problem I see is a continued stagnant government, repubs will hold the congress, the dems the presidency and senate, nothing will get done.
the flip side is republicans pull off a miracle and then finish off the middle class.

vantexan

And don't forget the 3000 Americans killed on our own soil under the last republican president, two economic collapses and two tremendously costly wars topped off with a few trillion in tax cuts to the wealthy (like Fred), I'm still waiting for Fred to trickle something down.
if there is one thing Obama disappointed me with,it's he has NOT raised taxes on the wealthy.

It's well documented that Clinton had numerous chances to take out Bin Laden after we suffered attacks on our embassies in Africa and on the U.S.S. Cole. Finally fired a cruise missile at a camp in Afghanistan that Bin Laden was no longer at. 9/11 could have been prevented. Face it, there's plenty of blame to go around for the mess we're in today but you can't get around the fact that Obama has spent more in his first term than Bush spent in 8 years. We just simply can't afford four more years of this. Do you need another huge economic collapse to see that?

55+

Living wage jobs...Do you think Fred is providing a living wage?..case in point I was talking with a Fedex Officecemployee just the other day.She is a single mother working fulltime. Has been with Fedex Office for a number of years and she and her daughter qualify for food stamps.They are getting public assistance because Fred doesnt want to pay her more than 12.00 an hour ..she is getting some child support but it is sporatic. She is a good worker and great with some of the jerk customers who come into the store she is competent and reliable.They should start calling it Fedex OfficeMart ..

vantexan

Living wage jobs...Do you think Fred is providing a living wage?..case in point I was talking with a Fedex Officecemployee just the other day.She is a single mother working fulltime. Has been with Fedex Office for a number of years and she and her daughter qualify for food stamps.They are getting public assistance because Fred doesnt want to pay her more than 12.00 an hour ..she is getting some child support but it is sporatic. She is a good worker and great with some of the jerk customers who come into the store she is competent and reliable.They should start calling it Fedex OfficeMart ..

Depends on what you call living. I get by ok but can't afford to have some of the things I really want. I believe if managers are telling people they'll top out in 7-8 years and don't come through then they are liars, but what can I do about it? If they send me a statement every year estimating my pension payment if I put in 25 years, even give me a choice to stay with the traditional pension or go with the portable pension plan, and don't honor their promises or my choice, then they are liars. But if I take a job knowing they only pay $12hr, or only have a 401k, or don't offer decent healthcare, etc, etc, it's my decision to work under those conditions. If I didn't pursue a degree, or go into mgmt when offered, or don't want to work more than 40 hrs a week, etc then I've greatly limited my financial and employment options. I do believe very profitable companies should reward hard work, and increased profits shouldn't come at the expense or exploitation of employees. Y'all tend to paint all corporations with the same broad brush but I doubt they're all trying to rip off their employees. And even within FedEx I've known mgrs that were very troubled with the company's direction. There aren't any easy answers, and we are on the short end of the stick.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Ask the hundreds of workers whose jobs lasted several more years because Bain got involved.

People see that Bain made some money off of a company that eventually shut down it bothers them. They don't consider what would have happened had Bain not intervened, they're only concerned that Bain made money. This country has some serious dog in the manger issues.

59 Dano

See how that works?[/QUOT ]

MFE is a private citizen.
Romney is not, he has put himself in the public arena by running for president, big difference there dano don't ya think?

Same principle. His refusal to prove that he doesn't molest kids gives me reason to be suspicious.

59 Dano

Welp to me it's what goes around comes around. The other side sure beat the dead-horse known as the Obama Birth Certificate into oblivion.

And those who did that were grade-A idiots who deserved every bit of ridicule that the mainstream population dumped on them. The Tax Returners deserve the same ridicule.

59 Dano

Living wage jobs...Do you think Fred is providing a living wage?..case in point I was talking with a Fedex Officecemployee just the other day.She is a single mother working fulltime. Has been with Fedex Office for a number of years and she and her daughter qualify for food stamps.They are getting public assistance because Fred doesnt want to pay her more than 12.00 an hour ..she is getting some child support but it is sporatic.

I think they're getting public assistance because the dad isn't there in the home, where he should be, helping to take care of her and their kid.

I've never known of a place that pays you more if you have kids.