not paid for full vacation week

m1-009

I work for an air hub. Guranteed 3 hours per contract but usually get about 2 hours of work. We can leave once all feeder planes are gone or push a broom for an hour. Recently got my vac check and was shorted by about one hour. I was told that I did not work my full 625 hours to qualify for full 20hrs of paid vac. I was also told that my holiday hours, vacations hours, option day hours do not count for hours worked. Is this right?

Braveheart

I work for an air hub. Guranteed 3 hours per contract but usually get about 2 hours of work. We can leave once all feeder planes are gone or push a broom for an hour. Recently got my vac check and was shorted by about one hour. I was told that I did not work my full 625 hours to qualify for full 20hrs of paid vac. I was also told that my holiday hours, vacations hours, option day hours do not count for hours worked. Is this right?

The contract states that holiday, vacation, option, jury duty, etc etc all count!!!!!!!!!!

In the south you only need to have reported=worked 156 days. Not even full days just clocked in and paid something 156 times.

Your contract may be different but I highly doubt it.

File a grievance. You can not hit a pitch if you do not swing away.

File file file!!!

m1-009

Thanks! My union steward told me I should file. I am new to this website. I have another question. Under my login it says I have unread posts where do I find those????

UPSGUY72

Thanks! My union steward told me I should file. I am new to this website. I have another question. Under my login it says I have unread posts where do I find those????

II'll refrian from any sarcastic quotes and leave it at that. Unread post mean other people have posted to BC and you haven't read what they posted.

m1-009

Thanks 72 for not being sarcastic. I have a paper trail (check stub, email from payroll, hours logged etc....). I am meeting with my steward tomorrow and going to file. Wish me luck!!!