Not recognized for 25 years of service

8Years2Go

I realize that they stopped with the gifts for Years of Service, Safe Driving and the Circle of Honor Banquet (better that then my benefits), but heck, they didn’t even recognize me for 25 years of service two week ago. I asked my center manager twice and he/she said they would look into it. Never did hear back from them on the subject. The Hell with it! As long as the checks keep coming in.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
No recognition for me on 20 years a couple of years ago. My packet was given to me during the sort and load (was driver preload at the time) while I was loading by a clerk supervisor. Just handed to me while I was loading, boy what a joke.

upsdavz

Nothing for 20 years this past January, 3 million plus km's of safe driving also. I have only had one complaint and was charged with an accident in a p5 that was later found to have had the front rotors turned way beyond spec. And to top things off, I broke down a few weeks ago on my return to my centre and was told that the center manager would not send help as I was a feeder driver and thus was not his problem... The LUV I feel is overwhelming.... I reminded the center manager how many times I have helped out his drivers and his response was "did I ask you to" wonder what ever happened to the team effort??????

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
yes,, it sucks butt,,,,, however these are tight times... like you said,, that check is still coming in

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe on Founders Day they will recognize everyone that achieved milestones during the last year.

Maybe wings will sprout out of my butt and I'll float around delivering packages.:wink2:

Nothing for 20 years this past January, 3 million plus km's of safe driving also. I have only had one complaint and was charged with an accident in a p5 that was later found to have had the front rotors turned way beyond spec. And to top things off, I broke down a few weeks ago on my return to my centre and was told that the center manager would not send help as I was a feeder driver and thus was not his problem... The LUV I feel is overwhelming.... I reminded the center manager how many times I have helped out his drivers and his response was "did I ask you to" wonder what ever happened to the team effort??????

I'm so glad I've learned the lesson of doing favors. Hey Steve would you..................NO!

But be sure to look at our nascar advertising this weekend!
POW!

UPSNewbie

If they ever reinstate the Circle of Honor and banquet to go with it, would they recognize those who made the achievement during the inactivity of the program?

brownrodster

eh, those recognitions were a joke anyway. Just some joker who is taking his turn in the center manager seat handing you a cheesy certificate and a pin or something. Smiling while he shakes your hand. Only time of the year the guy has the time to even look you in the face. Unless you get in an accident or have an injury. Maybe that's it. He's just smilling because he didn't have to look at you for the previous year.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nothing personal, the company just doesn't care for us like it used too. There was plenty of other places to cut cost before this.