Not so Cool story bro

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Will probably lose his freedom. Will probably lose his CDL. Will probably lose his job.

A tough lesson, but maybe a wake up call to others. I hope the trooper recovers fully.

Dr.Brownz

Did the cop cause the accident and then blame the fedex guy throwing false charges on him? Seen it happen beforr. Cop clipped my buddies mirror in parking lot. Tried to blame my buddy saying he smelt like alcohol which was bs. Luckily a passerby saw the whole thing and when the cop figured out there were witnesses he claimed he was letting my buddy off with a warning (lol). Reported the incident to the station and never heard anything no record of my buddies warning either strangly

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Did the cop cause the accident and then blame the fedex guy throwing false charges on him? Seen it happen beforr. Cop clipped my buddies mirror in parking lot. Tried to blame my buddy saying he smelt like alcohol which was bs. Luckily a passerby saw the whole thing and when the cop figured out there were witnesses he claimed he was letting my buddy off with a warning (lol). Reported the incident to the station and never heard anything no record of my buddies warning either strangly
did you read the story?????????????????????????????????????????????

El Correcto

god is dead
Other semi drivers that may think they can get away with drinking and driving.
DWI = alcohol DUI=narcotics
This man could of just been taking his prescription medication. Accidentally hit the officer. the dui doesn't have to be he sole cause of this is what I'm saying, was probably in a hurry and made a mistake.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This man could of just been taking his prescription medication. Accidentally hit the officer. the dui doesn't have to be he sole cause of this is what I'm saying, was probably in a hurry and made a mistake.
that may be true. could be a false positive or maybe a cold medicine that made him groggy and/or inattentive. everyone wants to string him up. he hasn't been convicted yet.

any updates on this story?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I read the story again. You may be correct about the DUI. The story did say though that he was charged with a DUI and possesion of a controlled substance.

If it was a prescription, he would not have been charged with possession. It sounds like he was taking something that he should not have been taking while driving a CMV and something that he did not have a prescription for.

And it may have not been a contributing factor to the accident, but my point was that something could happen beyond your control that could lead you to being face to face with a LEO.

And you do not want to have been drinking or taking a controlled substance, especially driving a semi.

El Correcto

god is dead
true, I'm just giving someone who has lost everything and will continue to lose more the benefit of the doubt.
he might not of had it in a prescription container. Got hit with something that will get dropped in court when it proves it is his. Even then the DUI will most likely stick.