Not sure if I got the job?

Zack

Hello. Recently, I applied online to be a Seasonal Driver Helper. I scheduled an interview and went to said location at the desired time. I was there, along with a few other canidates. One by one we were interviewed in a short process. I was told that the seasonal job would last October 15th to January 15th. I am 17 and this would be my first job. That didn't seem to be a problem as the interviewer was well aware of that. I was told to go back online and fill out the added details, that were locked until then. He then said that I'd have to attend orientation and was given a paper with the location of where the orientation would be, however was told that it could be a week or more until I receive the call. Nothing was really indicated that I didn't get the job. I haven't received a call however it was only 2 days ago I interviewed. I'm excited for the job & I'm not sure whether I should expect a call back or not?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hello. Recently, I applied online to be a Seasonal Driver Helper. I scheduled an interview and went to said location at the desired time. I was there, along with a few other canidates. One by one we were interviewed in a short process. I was told that the seasonal job would last October 15th to January 15th. I am 17 and this would be my first job. That didn't seem to be a problem as the interviewer was well aware of that. I was told to go back online and fill out the added details, that were locked until then. He then said that I'd have to attend orientation and was given a paper with the location of where the orientation would be, however was told that it could be a week or more until I receive the call. Nothing was really indicated that I didn't get the job. I haven't received a call however it was only 2 days ago I interviewed. I'm excited for the job & I'm not sure whether I should expect a call back or not?

You will be called when they know when they will be having a driver helper training class. I would guess in about 2 weeks or so. Then you will need to call in daily to see if and where and when and for how long to meet driver. You might only work 2 days a week for 2 hours a day, or you may work 12 hours a day all 5 days a week. Sorry to relay this info to you. But at least now you know. Good luck to you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will be called when they know when they will be having a driver helper training class. I would guess in about 2 weeks or so. Then you will need to call in daily to see if and where and when and for how long to meet driver. You might only work 2 days a week for 2 hours a day, or you may work 12 hours a day all 5 days a week. Sorry to relay this info to you. But at least now you know. Good luck to you.

In our center the first meet is set up by the helper coordinator and, if the driver and helper work well together, the driver sets up all subsequent meets.

17 years old and you want to become a seasonal driver? You have to be 21 years old in order to drive kiddo. Better luck at Pizza Hut.

PT Car Washer

I would think working inside as a PT package handler would give you more hours and a better chance at permanent PT. Of course at 17 the hours you could work would be limited. I have known many PT who started at 17 and retired PT 30 years later.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Noticed you said this is your first job. If you can survive a full peak as a helper, you'll be able to do pretty much anything that evolves a fast paced, physical environment.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I would think working inside as a PT package handler would give you more hours and a better chance at permanent PT. Of course at 17 the hours you could work would be limited. I have known many PT who started at 17 and retired PT 30 years later.

Unrealistic for new hires. I'm in that position (I started in June 1999 at 17). I'm in the Company pension plan and in 9 years I'll be eligible for 25-and-out, collecting $1200 monthly; in 14 years, it'll be $1800. But here's the problem: the amounts haven't changed since 1999. I'll only be 42/47 -- retirement health benefits will eat most of my check. Of course, I could always find another job and collect my UPS pension checks... but based on a 20-hr work week (40 during peak), in 9 years, I'll conservatively be banking between $20K-$25K more than my pension checks + I'll have 8 week paid time off. Just doesn't make sense to begin a second career.

So... sounds nicer than it actually is :).