Not to be outdone, Missouri pulls ahead of Arizona

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nobody screamed racism when tricky-Dickie was a Halloween Mask.

All the presidents had masks.........if they leave out Obama, you'd scream that was racism too.

afterthought

I agree that all is in bad taste, Nixon, Obama etc with masks and all of it from Missouri rodeo clowns, to the TV movies
that use Nixon masks in bank robberies.

Real photos tell / show all sometimes though in body language and expression.

bbsam

Staff member
So nobody is allowed to mock Obama? What if that had been a Bush mask?
I think that question needs to be asked of Missouri Republicans since they too denounced the act. I've been to several rodeos and while there have been some vague right wing jabs taken by the announcer, it didn't seem over the line. This was probably a few steps over the line but not really a line the president and Democrats care about. It's the Republicans who couldn't beat Claire McCaskill who have image to worry about.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Video here:

We could post hundreds of videos with Obama masks.....they are all funny, especially the one on the boxer dog's ass .............except the ones used for bank robberies........
Grow up....masks are always around of the current president.......since that's Obama, the most popular mask is his.
Get yours here....
  • Klein Barack Obama Mask - 00050535017806
  • He may be the first African-American to become President of the United States. As with any Presidential candidate he has both fans and cynics. This mask is great for both factions. The Barack Obama mask is made of soft rubber.
  • $12.99
  • see it
  • $12.99 in 1 Shop

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
“The announcer wanted to know if anyone would like to see Obama run down by a bull,” the posting said. “The crowd went wild. He asked it again and again, louder each time, whipping the audience into a lather.”

Another clown then apparently joined the performance.
“One of the clowns ran up and started bobbling the lips on the mask and the people went crazy,” the posting said. “Finally a bull came close enough to him that he had to move so he jumped up and ran away to the delight of the onlookers hooting and hollering from the stands.”

If somehow you think wearing a caricature mask of President Obama and flapping it's lips and calling for injury somehow equates with wearing a mask of the only President to resign from office, I really don't know how to respond.

klein

Für Meno :)
Roadrunner, don't be too upset !
If that would have happened in a middle eastern , muslim, country, then Americans would be outraged.
But, it happened at home, in good USA. - It's amusement there, right ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Roadrunner, don't be too upset !
If that would have happened in a middle eastern , muslim, country, then Americans would be outraged.
But, it happened at home, in good USA. - It's amusement there, right ?

It would have been funnier if it was a Mohammed mask !!! (we have them shipped in from Canada with the Bieber masks) And as far as run over by a bull......run over by a boar would be funnier!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NAACP: DOJ, Secret Service Should Investigate Rodeo Clown

On Tuesday, the Missouri State National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) issued a statement asking for federal involvement in the case of a rodeo clown who wore an Obama mask and then asked the crowd if they’d like to see Obama run down by a bull. “The activities at the Missouri State Fair targeting and inciting violence against our President are serious and warrant a full review by both the Secret Service and the Justice Department,” said State President Mary Ratliff.

Now who is the real clown here ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The guy running away from the bull.

The NAACP is doing what they do best, stirring the pot for attention. The media is doing what they do best, stirring the pot for ratings. The rodeo clown was doing what he does best, stirring the pot to get the crowd going.

After watching the whole video on youtube, this isn't even worth talking about.

wkmac

The NAACP is doing what they do best, stirring the pot for attention. The media is doing what they do best, stirring the pot for ratings. The rodeo clown was doing what he does best, stirring the pot to get the crowd going.

I agree with you on this but I have no problem making fun of elected leaders, in fact I think we should do more of it.

If someone wants to cry racism, an all but hollow charge anyway, or even accuse of being disrespectful to the office of the President (oh I'm guilty as hell on that one :happy-very:), fine, I've yet to see any elected President regardless of party who really wasn't disrespectful to the people as a whole anyway so why not give back what is given?

The great 20th century Russian composer Shostakovich was once asked to write a music piece to be used at a major celebration of the Soviet Union. The piece was a grand march for the entry of all the communist party functionaries and it built in crescendo to the point when finally the highest leaders including Brezhnev entered the hall. At this important moment, the music and tempo changed to what would best be described as clown music. Like Shostakovich, we should be so bold to hold our own leaders with such contempt and comedic visions.

If you want to hear some of Shostakovich's music, watch the original Rollerball movie or Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The people making a big deal of this are the most racist of all. If you see this as a big deal u see a black man. All I see is people poking fun at a president. A complete non issue.