Not working

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And yes I am an off the street hire. I drove seasonally the last 2 years before accepting a full time permanent position in April. Just trying to figure out what is going on so I can attempt to provide for my family or look for another job
Call your local union hall or steward if you know who your stewards are.

This is not right. Your center manager is taking advantage of your lack of knowledge. Also ask for a contract book.

Brownslave688

Better yet. Just show up to work tomorrow without calling in. When they say go home ask for a union steward.

The look on your center managers face will be priceless. Please snap a pic and post it for us to see. Jk

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
OP they're using you as a casual. You have to make it clear you are a seniority driver and will be working. There are some things you shouldn't rock the boat on when you're new--your paycheck isn't one of them.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

So you have worked 3 days out of the last 90 and you're just starting to get serious about it? Wut.

box_beeyotch

You're guaranteed 8 if you SHOW UP on time for work dressed in browns. Dont let those clowns take advantage of you. File file file, and then file some more until you get what you're entitled to.

livin the dream

I'm sure I'll get :censored2: for not searching this, but I didn't know you were guaranteed pay until you won a bid route. I'm at the end of my 30 days after winning a permanent ft bid; so would I be entitled to 40 hours even if there's not enough work?

Brownslave688

I'm sure I'll get :censored2: for not searching this, but I didn't know you were guaranteed pay until you won a bid route. I'm at the end of my 30 days after winning a permanent ft bid; so would I be entitled to 40 hours even if there's not enough work?
Do you have a posted weekly start time?

YellowSox

I am a permanent full time driver. I qualified in July. In the last 9 weeks I have only worked 3 days. Is this normal? I'm seeing ppl hired after me working and seasonal ppl working. What can I or what should I do?
You are guaranteed 8 hours, stop being a pushover and ask to sweep the floors or offer to do driver helper for your driver pay, or something!

Of you act like an extra they will treat you like one... Everyday!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am a permanent full time driver. I qualified in July. In the last 9 weeks I have only worked 3 days. Is this normal? I'm seeing ppl hired after me working and seasonal ppl working. What can I or what should I do?
Put some big boy pants on and learn some routes, PROBLEM SOLVED guarantee it lol.

UPSGUY72

Did you start driving before June 1st this calender year??? If you started after June 1st you could still be considered a casual / temp no matter what they told you.

You say you "qualified" in July that makes me believe you started driving thus year on or after June 1st the date that they start hiring temps.