Not Your Mother's Bake Sale

What I find hilarious is that republicans, who are doing everything possible to make college unaffordable for all races, is still trying to limit women and minorities as if they havent caused enough harm on them in the first place.

There ISNT equality yet in the workplace, in college or in politics.

California is a big state, and its citizens represent a large segment of race and gender. According to statistics, those races and women are NOT fairly represented in our colleges. A little help to balance that out is whats intended.

If we left it to republicans, only white kids from rich families and muslims would be able to attend our colleges.

Peace.

Yep, the democrats don't know how to make anything equal without taking it away for people that have earned it. That's just about every category of society.

Trp, you are right in that basing admission solely on race would be racist---don't kid yourself, though---if there are two applicants equal in all other aspects and the college in question is looking to create a more diverse student body the non-caucasian applicant will be accepted over the caucasian one.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem if "all things being equal" and the position was given to the students on a rotation bases, but we know that isn't happening. In fact there are times when a caucasian applicant is passed over for an inferior applicant of a minority, just because of the race. No way can I be convinced that is the right thing to do.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yep, the democrats don't know how to make anything equal without taking it away for people that have earned it. That's just about every category of society.

So let me get this straight... WHITE PEOPLE earned it, and the democrats want to take away from your white people?

When do you realize that this country has only begun to be fair to all races. The civil rights act wasnt passed until the late 60's, integration didnt start until the 70's, social adjustments have been made and minorities are making gains.

I realize that the fact that minorities are moving up, and that scares the white people in this country, but its coming anyway, and the republican party will not TURN BACK THE CLOCK on progress.

You want to be a white power personality, instead of embracing equality, then thats your problem. You cant stop progress. Obama is Black, and we ALL KNOW that the last thing the republicans ever want to see is another black president.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So let me get this straight... WHITE PEOPLE earned it, and the democrats want to take away from your white people?

When do you realize that this country has only begun to be fair to all races. The civil rights act wasnt passed until the late 60's, integration didnt start until the 70's, social adjustments have been made and minorities are making gains.

I realize that the fact that minorities are moving up, and that scares the white people in this country, but its coming anyway, and the republican party will not TURN BACK THE CLOCK on progress.

You want to be a white power personality, instead of embracing equality, then thats your problem. You cant stop progress. Obama is Black, and we ALL KNOW that the last thing the republicans ever want to see is another black president.

Peace.
Maybe you should do more explaining, Mr. Race Equalizer!!!.......like how do you figure illegals earned it ????? HUH??? The illegals get a break on tuition....they pay the instate rate and yet American citizens all over the other 49 states would get charged the higher ,out of state tuition to attend CA. colleges. How do you figure that's fair ??? Again with the incorrect information...............He's half black!!! The other half is white. It seems I always have to remind you of that fact because you only want a black president.......that's kind of racist. :sick:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wouldn't have as much of a problem if "all things being equal" and the position was given to the students on a rotation bases, but we know that isn't happening. In fact there are times when a caucasian applicant is passed over for an inferior applicant of a minority, just because of the race. No way can I be convinced that is the right thing to do.

Sometimes they give a break to the illegal over the citizen........no matter what color. That stinks!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wondered how long it would take TOS to find this thread? LOL

The best way to deal with her is to not reply to any of her posts. Just my Observation.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe you should do more explaining, Mr. Race Equalizer!!!.......like how do you figure illegals earned it ????? HUH??? The illegals get a break on tuition....they pay the instate rate and yet American citizens all over the other 49 states would get charged the higher ,out of state tuition to attend CA. colleges. How do you figure that's fair ??? Again with the incorrect information...............He's half black!!! The other half is white. It seems I always have to remind you of that fact because you only want a black president.......that's kind of racist. :sick:

Maybe if you UNDERSTOOD moreluck and OTHERS that the "social engineering" of this country from DAY 1 in this country put us where we are today? I doubt if you can grasp that much detail however.

Maybe, if WHITE people hadnt socially engineered GHETTOS in the first place, and had accepted minorities as part of the nation from the jump, we wouldnt have millions of people lacking an education. Maybe, if WHITE people hadnt done everything possible from killing to laws to prevent minorities in public schools (lets say) 50 years ago, all races could complete equally today.

Maybe, if WHITE people understood that keeping minorities at bay (educationally) only furthers the need to future social programs, maybe they wouldnt try so hard to keep them out of schools.

Education is what got WHITE people where they are today, and it will be EDUCATION that will get minorities to an equal footing in the future. We are only 2 generations away from the establishment of equal rights in this country via the civil rights act, and that fact should point out to you SUPER geniouses that families are still trying to catch up.

IT will take years before all americans can compete equally and with respect to children of illegals attending schools, maybe if WHITE people understood that if you educate them, they will rise up and take care of their own families. I know, I am a second generation hispanic from an illegal alien.

We take nothing from the system. My father went to college along with his 2 brothers, My brother and sisters all went to college along with myself. Today, respectfully, we all hold careers that fully support our families.

I grew up on welfare, had the free lunch at school, and today , I pay my share of taxes and contribute to my society at large.

This country for almost 150 years did everything it could to keep women out of school, jobs and politics. The same with minorities. Nothing is equal in this country as of yet, and its the republicans who would like to see it that way.

An equal pay for women bill was objected to by the republican party but it passed. The US Supreme court rejected Lilly Ledbetters claim in support of republican policy, and in 2009, President OBAMA signed his first bill for EQUAL PAY for women.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/30/obama-lilly-ledbetter-equal-pay

If we let the republicans have their way, women would make less than men, they wouldnt hold top ceo positions, theyd be out of politics , the minimum wage would be abolished, the fair labor standard act of 1939 would be repealed, a standard workweek would be 60 hrs at straight time, there would be no overtime pay, just uncompensated time off and there wouldnt be a middle class american.

The social engineering of keeping poor people in poor neighborhoods is what caused the desperity we have today and thats why we have so many poor people. NOBODY wanted blacks or mexicans in their neighborhoods or schools.

If any of you say this is untrue, then I will call you a LIAR.

White Flight is what happened to neighborhoods when minorities moved in. Whole neighborhoods changed in demographics ( that means no whites moreluck) once white flight began.

If america understood that it was responsible for its own problems vs blaming political ideology for its creation, then it can understand that help is needed for the future.

You all want to look at this issue in the short term, and these college kids who decided to take mommy and daddys political ideas on the road with their racist bakesale should be the laughing stock of america.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
An equal pay for women bill was objected to by the republican party but it passed. The US Supreme court rejected Lilly Ledbetters claim in support of republican policy, and in 2009, President OBAMA signed his first bill for EQUAL PAY for women.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...tter-equal-pay

oh, dear. You could only find an overseas source for help.
What has become of our own media ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Civil Rights Act of 1964[/h]
[h=3]Vote totals[/h][h=4]By party[/h]
The original House version:[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#cite_note-King-11[/SUP]

• Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
  • Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#cite_note-12[/SUP]

• Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version:[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#cite_note-King-11[/SUP]

• Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#cite_note-King-11[/SUP]

• Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)
These numbers seem to deflate your assumption of the GOP.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are right ... I don't take anything you post seriously but that's irrelevant.

People who respond to your posts give you undeserved credence.

I say the same about you HOAX, your a band wagon hopper and offer nothing of any consequence to any debate on this blog. If the wagon is going in your direction, there you are:
2684100047_86be352a10.jpg

Peace

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
pss, tos. this is a forum, not a blog. try to keep your facts straight will ya

Just in case anyone else is devoid of understanding.

BLOG:

A blog (a blend of the term web log)[SUP][1][/SUP] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
Most blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blog), photographs (photoblog), videos (video blogging or vlogging), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts.

Any questions?

Peace.

Just in case anyone else is devoid of understanding.

BLOG:

A blog (a blend of the term web log)[SUP][1][/SUP] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
Most blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blog), photographs (photoblog), videos (video blogging or vlogging), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts.

Any questions?

Peace.
Just one question :Why do you keep calling Brown Cafe a Blog? As per your posted definition, BC is not a blog. I'll make it simple for you.
Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.
Cheryl maintains this Discussion Forum although she is seldom makes entries of commentary.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just one question :Why do you keep calling Brown Cafe a Blog? As per your posted definition, BC is not a blog. I'll make it simple for you.
Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.
Cheryl maintains this Discussion Forum although she is seldom makes entries of commentary.

IS that all you read?

Did you miss the word "usually"? Did you miss the second paragraph?

Either way, this thread was about republican racism. Stay on topic.

Peace.

IS that all you read?

Did you miss the word "usually"? Did you miss the second paragraph?

Either way, this thread was about republican racism. Stay on topic.

Peace.

I read the whole thing...three times, did you read it? It never even mentions discussion forums but does allow for read comments. Not the same thing.

Stay on topic? Now you are the thread police? puuullllleeeezz. I quoted YOUR post...who the hell is going off topic?
hypocrite.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I read the whole thing...three times, did you read it? It never even mentions discussion forums but does allow for read comments. Not the same thing.

Stay on topic? Now you are the thread police? puuullllleeeezz. I quoted YOUR post...who the hell is going off topic?
hypocrite.
Staying on point........just in one area......"people don't understand". Even in the Union issues thread........none of those union guys understands and TDU stands for something like Too Dumb to Understand! That's the running common theme through all the posts....."No one but me is smart enough to understand." Maybe Cheryl should re-name the BrownCafe, "the group of people who just don't understand" or 'stupido' for short!