Note in DIAD for Toyota pickup account

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was wondering if anyone here who has a Toyota dealership pickup account has seen the note that corporate has added in the P/U log. The note says "P/U Ignore package weight". I am not kidding. I sent an ODS to my center manager and he said it was a new corporate policy. I then asked him if the 150 lb limit would still apply but he never answered me on that. Has anyone else run in to this yet?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I was wondering if anyone here who has a Toyota dealership pickup account has seen the note that corporate has added in the P/U log. The note says "P/U Ignore package weight". I am not kidding. I sent an ODS to my center manager and he said it was a new corporate policy. I then asked him if the 150 lb limit would still apply but he never answered me on that. Has anyone else run in to this yet?

I've not seen it, but I will ask the guys who have Toyota dealerships on their route if they have it. Maybe all of the packages will say 1 pound when they are actually anywhere up to 150lbs. If they changed the weight restrictions, they would have posted that somewhere. Maybe they cut them a deal that they will get charged a dimensional weight of so many pounds for every package they ship regardless of weight and it'll be one of those accounts where we can't audit them for size and weight. Keep us posted though, cause this could be very interesting.

some1else

Banned
I then asked him if the 150 lb limit would still apply but he never answered me on that. Has anyone else run in to this yet?

Packages over 150 pounds shall not be picked up. However, if such a package
is discovered in the UPS system, the package shall not be handled by a
bargaining unit employee unless such package can be reasonably broken
down into packages which do not exceed 70 pounds.

gbpbacker

Funny your posting this, I also pick up at a Toyota dealership and noticed that today. I picked up a package a few weeks ago that had an internet label on it that said 11lbs, went to pick it up and could barley move it:knockedout:. So I dropped it off at the clerk station for a check weight, never heard anything more. Ill ask my sup tomorrow and see what he says

sosocal

my understanding is that is for some sort of return inventory system where the LISTED weights may not match the obvious weights - however, there is visibility for proper billing- I guess it is a new arrangement we have with aTOyota for additional volume but all the kinks are not worked out yet - It does not refer to size and weight standards.

UPSNewbie

Funny your posting this, I also pick up at a Toyota dealership and noticed that today. I picked up a package a few weeks ago that had an internet label on it that said 11lbs, went to pick it up and could barley move it:knockedout:. So I dropped it off at the clerk station for a check weight, never heard anything more. Ill ask my sup tomorrow and see what he says

Someone missed a "1".:sick:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had to help a driver this week with an overweight, a child's crib from Toys R Us. Neither of us could lift the darn thing, we kind of rolled it up to the front porch. I looked for a weight on it, nothing. Not even on the packing list.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

We have trailers full of packages which either orignate from Staples and other businesses ( names escape me right now) that don't have any indication of weight. Some have been ranging from 75-120 pound but the unloaders just send 'em right to the sort anyway, and they travel the hub. it's probably about 3,000 to 5000 a night with no weights, hub-wide, on one shift out of four. Quite dangerous, because most of them are very light (10 pounds) but occasionally you'll get the ball-buster variety thrown in!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had to help a driver this week with an overweight, a child's crib from Toys R Us. Neither of us could lift the darn thing, we kind of rolled it up to the front porch. I looked for a weight on it, nothing. Not even on the packing list.
BABA GOUNJ Bruce wants you to pick up a toyota corolla on the way in tonite on Arsenal st. LOL LOL LOL LOL LO L Matt will help you:happy2:

gandydancer

I've recently been put on belt audit as a temporary layoff from ODC and have been raising a stink about over-70'sa w/o yellow tape or labels on the belt. Contract (article 44) says UPS must tell customers to mark over-70's. I've been filing e-ISPs, which are supposed to be used to hold origin districts accountable for putting improperly marked over 70's (and other packages with Improper Shipping Practices) into the system, but the Region has some audit requirement requiring e-ISPs to be addressed within a limited period of time, or they get marked down, so they go in on a regular basis and mark all e-ISPs resolved whether they are or not.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Ignore weight? Thats crazy.Everyone will be hurt before long.Wonder why that mesage says that.Never heard of that.