Notice an uptick in SurePost deliveries?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Taco, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Taco

Taco Member

Seems like a new addition; seen on tracking:
    Example: 1ZR603W8YW11184863
  2. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Gotta select "shipment progress" to see it.
  3. By the end of August the sure post will be through the roof. Watch.
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

fixed it for you
  5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

At Christmas, we would have to be close to everyone of them. If they don't hire more we will be doomed again.
  6. The 120 days will be up then. It will be game on and we will all be on here venting about the increase in stops.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I understand but I also know ups. Do any of us really think. We will magically get all the work we are supposed to without having to make any waves about it?
  8. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

I'm OK with this volume coming back, eventually we'll get some routes added. Sure would like to see my old route built on a daily basis again and rebid. It would be nice to spend the end of my career on the route I'd done the longest that was close to home.
  9. They aren't going to have a choice. They signed an agreement with amazon. They committed to hiring a certain amount of worker and a certain amount of trucks. I'm not saying it's going to be great but you are going to see a major expansion.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Where did you hear/read this?

Resident know-it-all.
  11. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I'm seeing the opposite for surepost. Drivers that have post offices around me are up about 25% on their surepost pieces.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our post office volume is down.

Resident know-it-all.
  14. 10 point

We're watching. Size restrictions needs to be monitored in building but the drivers are watching the single SP pkgs consignees.

I thought it was 120 days from ratification so time's up? Past due?
  15. 10 point

Happening around Columbus Ohio I hear? The guys in Obetz said that Amazon has a large distribution complex happening and UPS is part of that growth. I don't know specifics but that's the word on the street. Hear anything like that?
  16. 10 point

I'll be venting about he amount of taxes taken out of my 9.5 bonus checks.
  17. Kinda but I'd rather not say on the open forum. Wouldn't it be funny if Victoria's Secret came back to Columbus. It would be a nightmare.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  18. 10 point

BACTERIA??!!!!! You saying they're selling used undies now? Sorry....couldn't help myself. :)

120 days is around Aug 7th I believe.
  19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I will delver what ever they want me to deliver, surepost or not.